Elastic is a search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
Imagine a unified search experience that connects people to all of their favourite applications. The experience ingests organizational data, transforms natural language into queries, then sends those queries to Elasticsearch, the free and open RESTful search engine for fast, relevant search results at scale. We’re seeking a talented software engineer and communicator to help realize this vision and push the product and team to new heights.
What You Will Be Doing:
- You’ll lead best practices within the full stack, contributing to both a reliable foundation and an engaging user experience. Whether it’s desktop, web, mobile, you will innovate and lead within fresh and interesting applications.
- You’ll drive product focused engineering efforts to invent and ship valuable and meaningful features to an excited market.
- You’ll engage with and lead capable engineers, designers, and many other stakeholders, as we work together to invent elegant and reliable APIs and build whimsical and valuable interfaces. We practice teamwork!
Our Team Style:
- We appreciate articulate and “low ego” people who want to grow with a team.
- We embrace strange and risky ideas and appreciate diverse character.
- We hold each other accountable and work to a high standard. We take pride in the frequent, safe and graceful delivery of innovative and valuable features.
- We appreciate positivity and vigilance and strive for autonomy, trust and personal and professional growth.
What You Will Bring:
- Experience leading valuable features into an at-scale web application.
- Experience as a technical leader. You are a warm and inspiring figure who can help develop engineers and rally people around meaningful projects.
- Excellent practical judgement. You know how to prioritize, when to collaborate and ask for help, and when to be independent.
- Measured and articulate written and spoken communication skills. You work well with others and can craft concise and expressive thoughts into correspondence: issues, investigations, documentation and onboarding material.
- An interest in learning new tools, languages, workflows and philosophies that can help you grow. You can function well in an environment that drives towards change. This role has tremendous opportunity for growth!
If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Please include whatever info you believe is relevant: resume, GitHub profile, code samples, blog posts and writing samples, links to personal projects, etc.
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Browse more remote jobs here >>> euremotejobs.com/jobs/