About the role
Reporting to one of our Workforce Planning Leads, you will be responsible for both long and short-term planning for the success of the Support organization. This role is perfect for you if you like managing data, projects, forecasts and capacity plans. You’ll need to be highly in tune with the business as well as the impact of strategies & decisions on our employees. Also, you really should enjoy jigsaw puzzles because this is a giant one!
You need to have an understanding of:
- Various forecasting and capacity planning methods.
- Workforce Planning systems and methodologies.
- The intricacies of planning for a global team spanning multiple time zones.
- Storytelling to various audiences with a wide range of knowledge of workforce planning.
- How to fill in data gaps when there is minimal information available about a line of business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Forecast staffing needs by analyzing historical service volume and agent performance, as well as changing business needs.
- Develop and maintain capacity plans for new and existing teams within the Support organization.
- Develop recurring, ad hoc, and timely reports to leadership on the health of our service performance.
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies when possible and help enable these efficiencies in the team’s processes.
- Analyze workload, vacation and absence records, training, meeting and coaching schedules for on-going historical trend analysis and forecasting purposes.
- Collaborate with other departments, team leads, and operation leads to identify opportunities for improvement of resource utilization.
- Build collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders to understand and provide clarity of future demand expectations.
- Strongly preferred: Solid understanding of forecasting for businesses of various sizes and stages of growth.
- You are highly flexible in your approach to new solutions, ideas, and business demands.
- Extremely comfortable navigating uncharted territory within the growing business environment.
- Highly effective working within a team as well as with multiple stakeholders within the organization.
- Advanced knowledge of Google Sheets or Excel as well as data visualization methods.
- Can prioritize the global well-being of the team while advocating for their business partners.
- Comfortable working independently while maintaining a strong sense of awareness for when to seek input or critical feedback from others.
- A strong sense of urgency around your work, investment in the team, the company and Shopify merchants, and the ability to hold yourself accountable to the highest standard of excellence.
- The ability to pivot quickly and take on a new business direction.
Along with your resume, in the “Message to Hiring Manager” section of the application form, please also answer the below question (NOTE: Character limit of 4000):
New lines of business are constantly popping up throughout the support organization – some without much historical data. Describe how you would approach preparing the first version of a forecast for a new team with only 12 months worth of historical demand data.
Closing Date: Feb 26th 2021, 12pm EST.
This position is remote, but we are specifically looking for candidates located in the EMEA/Europe, we ask that applicants be from these regions only.
Browse the latest remote job open to EMEA time zones.