About the job
Video learning is so 2005.
AVID is the easiest way to share your knowledge and monetise it through audio lessons. Discovering our shared passion in lifelong learning, we’ve been on a rapid journey building our product and now have VC-backing to fuel our next stage of development.
We’re a team of 5 looking for a Web Developer to join our team on a full-time basis. We’re excited to add another enthusiastic member to our engineering team to help speed up the process building our Creator Studio web app.
If you’re someone is able to work from the ground up and likes to get their hands dirty, then this role is for you. You’ll hold a crucial role in the intersection between our engineering team, users and the world.
Why work for AVID?
- Flexible Work Hours + Remote: since we live by our philosophy of remote learning, you’re free to work from anywhere as long as you are available +/- 4 hours of London (BST) working hours.
- Remote Working Holiday: once the world is back to normal, you’ll have the opportunity to go on a team-based remote location every other month.
- Ownership & Growth: You will take full ownership in the critical task of launching a new product to market.
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years of experience developing Web and Back-end apps
- Experience with NodeJS, ExpressJS, ReactJS, NextJS, HTML, CSS, SASS
- Proficient in code versioning tools like Git
- Familiarity with database, APIs and severs
- Experience with continuous integration (Heroku, Netlify)
- Ability to take initiative and employ good judgment
What you will be doing?
- Design and build our front-end and back-end products
- Collaborate with the product team to define app features
- Ensure quality and performance of application
- Work on bug fixing and on improving the application performance
- Maintain the application code base
- Design and implement application updates
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
Would be nice to have:
- Experience with audio files creation and manipulation (M3U8, streams)
- Familiarity with Firebase (Database and Storage)
- Experience with Stripe (Payments and Connect)
- Ability to write and implement unit tests
To apply, we ask if you’d email your CV & portfolio, along with a link to your GitHub to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Web Developer.” Do add where you found this job spec on the email for our reference. We’ll be viewing applications in early January. Thank you!