Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect their systems and services. Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across multiple industries. If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone – for real. Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of doing things differently and offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees are two principles that, we believe, allow our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier. If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more:
What can you do with us?
We are looking for a UX Designer with a passion and drive to always be improving our UX and is always curious to find out the true user needs.
Tyk aims to provide the best user experience to our range of API management customers. Our users range from software and API developers, to API product managers, platform engineers and technical architects.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Collaborating with other designers, developers and stakeholders to design enterprise and developer experiences within a particular product area
- Championing a design thinking mindset.
- Helping to define personas and user needs in collaboration with our user researcher
- Creating user workflows, storyboards, wireframes and prototypes
- Contributing to product planning and prioritisation sessions as the UX expert
- Working closely with the development teams to ensure there is an understanding of UX activities and workflows
- Conducting user research for both concept and usability testing for your product area
- Gathering feedback on designs throughout projects and sharing them with your product and UX team
- Communicating and advocating what is best for the user throughout the organisation
- Planning and running UX workshops
- Contribute to Tyk design system with the rest of the UX and design team
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience designing for technical developer and enterprise (B2B) tooling
- Working knowledge of driving a design thinking framework
- Experience in proposing evidence based decisions
- Ability to use a standard set of design software (we use Figma & Miro)
- Confidence in communicating designs to a wide range of stakeholders
- Creative, innovative and problem-solving mindset
- Deep knowledge of interaction design, describing use cases, user flows and journeys
- Ability to work remotely with a distributed team
Our early stage team members are shaping our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited paid holiday. We have total flexibility in hours, so plan your day around your commitments to ensure you can give your best at work and at home. You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike. We’re a distributed team. Work from our offices during induction if you want, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen. The best software and hardware available – we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that. We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.