Job Location: The job is open to candidates from anywhere in Europe
Flexibility: Option to work from home
Type of Employment: Employee or Contractor (depending on the location)
KeyWords: UX Design, UI Design, Information Architecture, Usability Analysis, Interaction Design
What to expect?
Before applying for the job of UX Designer at GraphAware, you should first answer YES to all of the following questions:
- Are you someone who constantly strives for excellence?
- Do you take ownership of your work as well as the work of your team?
- Do you believe in the value of graphs?
- Does customer success drive your motivation and passion?
- Do you want to make a real difference and influence the success of the company you work for?
Agreed to all the above? Then keep reading.
As a UX Designer, you will be joining our product team that plans the growth of our product line and the evolution of Hume – our in-house developed graph-powered insights engine. You will drive the usability of Hume and make sure that the application provides a consistently excellent UX.
As a UX Designer you will be responsible for orchestrating the user experience, designing the UI and incorporating feedback from usability testing. You will work closely with the product team and the engineering team to ensure that work is delivered smoothly and in line with the overall plans and goals of the organisation.
Main areas of responsibilities:
- Learn: Keep abreast about Knowledge Graphs and Hume. Understand the product vision, its current state and how it will develop. Combine this with constant learning about your field: developments in the areas of UX design, information architecture and usability analysis. The GraphAware team will support you on the learning journey.
- Plan: Based on the roadmap and release life cycle for Hume, user research, journey mapping, designing and prototyping and testing needs to be planned and executed.
- Create: Create user journeys, designs and prototypes that can be tested and then developed by the engineering team.
- Maintain: Ensure that Hume is a tool that provides a consistently excellent user experience.
If you want to succeed, we believe you need to have most of the following skills/background:
- At least 3 years of experience as a UX Designer
- You can map the user journeys
- You love sketching, wireframing and prototyping to solve complex usability challenges
- You are curious about the outcome of tests and incorporate findings into your designs
- You are comfortable using figma or similar tools
- Excellent command in spoken and written English
- Experience in working at the cross-section of engineering and product
Bonus Technical Skills
- Basic knowledge about Information Architecture
- Basic Knowledge about Usability Analysis
- Basic Knowledge about Interaction Design
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Striving for excellence
- Attention to detail
- Motivated to deliver
- Focus and motivated by Product/Customer Success
- Proactive and driven, constantly thinking of ways to improve
- “Can-do” and “Get-it-done” attitude; Agile approach to problem-solving
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience working in distributed teams
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good understanding of different communication styles and cultural differences
What We Offer
We offer a great opportunity to play an important role in a global technology company with a very unique company culture and to participate in the evolution of a product that is competing with big names. Our products are already being used by very important companies in multiple industries. We are currently entering a new era in the life of the company with great challenges ahead of us.
Benefits of working with us:
- Actively influence how we do things
- Appreciation and encouragement for taking initiative and creativity
- Professional and personal growth
- Flexibility to balance your personal life and work
- Fun environment and great office culture
- Supportive and low-overhead management culture
- Competitive remuneration