PRODUCT & TECHNOLOGY – PRODUCT /
CONTRACT (FIXED TERM)
Whereabouts: We are global and hours agnostic and this team is within CET +/- 5 hours
Interviews: Around 4 hours over a few weeks, including some practical work
Salary: £250 to £300 per day globally or £55,000 to £65,000 range for fixed term contract
Contract: a 12 month fixed term contract, or a rolling freelance contract
Reporting to: James Ferguson
Ask us anything: firstname.lastname@example.org
🌏 What is Whereby all about
Created with Scandinavian simplicity at heart, Whereby is a remote-first video meetings company on a mission to give people the freedom to live and work in harmony.
We believe in everyone. We see our differences as a strength; it’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission. This means we see your unique history as having a value money cannot buy; we believe in the strength of every intersection of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity.
🔍 What we’re looking for in our User Researcher
We’re looking for a User Researcher who is passionate about uncovering needs users didn’t even know they had, and work with product teams on turning those needs into features and improvements in our product. You are curious with a desire to understand our audience and be part of a growth-focused product team that puts the user at the core.
Your mission at Whereby*
To establish best practises and processes to develop our existing mixed-method practices whilst conducting research to help us understand how to improve our product.
⚒️ The nuts and bolts of the role*
* Please do not see everything in this job ad as “must have”, but rather a guiding list of what we’re looking for. We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we’ve mentioned in this posting, so don’t be afraid to apply if you feel you’re close to the brief but not “spot on”
How we’ll measure your success🌟
- Value and impact of insights delivered to the team
- Demonstrated business impact
Your previous experience and characteristics
- Proven User Research experience
- Experience from a large scale product team/ organisation
- Can use a wide variety of mixed, qualitative and quantitative user research methods
- Experience with Figma
- Experience with remote testing tools like usertesting.com or similar tools
- Solid knowledge of and experience with agile/iterative software development
- Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and act as a strategic partner in product decisions
- A strong desire for creative problem-solving with a positive attitude
- Enjoy working in distributed teams and can handle ambiguity
- Are a self-directed person with loads of ambition
Scope of your work
- Take ownership of all aspects of the research projects: Planning, Recruitment, Data Collection, Synthesis, Reporting, Socialising etc.
- Take a broad view of our understanding of our users and their behaviour, and proactively identify gaps and opportunities for new research
- Facilitate evidence-based product and design decisions
- Evangelise research and contribute to the development of strong and innovative research practice across the business
- Establish and maintain a culture of rigour and data curiosity to drive tangible business impact
Day-to-day of your role
- Initiate and carry out research projects
- Mentor teammates and help them upskill in best practise research methodologies
- Elevate user research and increase team engagement in studies
- Help Product Managers, Designers, Engineers & other stakeholders with designing, conducting and analysing their own research studies and foster a shared understanding of research findings to drive research-informed decision making.
- Share insights across your team in creative ways to help them understand the needs of our customers and users, inform design decisions, and improve the usability of our product
- Collaborate effectively with stakeholders and act as a strategic partner in product decisions
- Assess key research gaps and make use of the right methodologies to surface insights.
- Introduce and onboard any new tools
- Develop and maintain a product and engineering roadmap (together with Product).
You’ve read all this way… you may as well apply! 🙌