About Pocket Worlds
Pocket Worlds is a mobile gaming company that focuses on the power of games to connect people. We build deep, rich games that are social by design and last for decades. Our first game, Highrise, is a creative virtual world where people make avatars, express themselves, and create deep friendships along the way. Over 10 million people have already joined the world of Highrise, and it’s growing faster every day.
We’re a completely remote company with a diverse set of employees spanning 16 different countries. We are connected by a singular mission of building amazing games that bring our players together, and we live by our values, which you can read here.
Join our world class team who’ve shipped amazing products for Apple, Google, Electronic Arts, Zeptolab, Nanobit, and other top gaming companies.
About the Role
We are looking for a user acquisition analyst. You will run user acquisition campaigns and buy media for our hit title Highrise. This role comes with a wide variety of responsibilities: scaling our marketing infrastructure, building out marketing reports and analyzing data, establishing marketing best practices, selecting and testing various ad networks, and collaborating with artists to generate high performing creatives.
This is a highly analytical role, and will require a deep understanding of data analysis and reporting; you will be expected to know complex functions in Excel, at least some basic SQL and have a strong math or statistics background. You’ll be working closely with our CEO, product designers and artists.
This role will give you the opportunity to…
- Running user acquisition campaigns across a variety of supply partners (like Facebook, Google, Snap and ad networks)
- Help build and iterate on our marketing infrastructure for creating, managing and tracking performance campaigns
- Conduct technical analysis to optimize campaigns and share learnings
- Design and execute A/B tests to maximize ad performance
- Collaborate with marketing creative artists to generate high performing creatives
- Establish processes and best practices for segmentation, targeting and creative
- Work closely with the CEO to establish ROAS and growth KPIs
- Long-term, grow the paid marketing team with full-time hires and interns
To be successful in this role, we’d expect you to have…
- Have 2+ years experience analyzing large data sets and taking action based on the analysis, preferably in the digital ad buying space
- Have a BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, or a related technical/business degree
- Have a deep analytical background, with ability to construct complex spreadsheets and run SQL queries
- Analytically assess marketing metrics like ROI, ROAS, CPI, CPA, etc.
- Think logically with the ability to quickly identify new opportunities or challenge the status quo
- Communicate effectively with both artists and product managers
- Know how to write clearly and succinctly, as this is a fully remote position
- Bonus points for: passion for games; advanced degree in Engineering, CS, Math or related fields; deep understanding of A/B testing frameworks; deep familiarity with SQL
Within 3 months you’ll…
- Evaluate our marketing infrastructure and spec out improvements
- Evaluate our analytics infrastructure and spec out improvements
- Build a custom marketing performance report via APIs and spreadsheets
- Evaluate our current marketing efforts and define a roadmap for running yield-focused hypotheses
- Develop a working relationship with artists, engineers and product designers at Highrise
- Develop a deep understanding of user motivations in Highrise after conducting dozens of user interviews
Within 6 months you’ll…
- Implement a sustainable, long-term marketing and analytics infrastructure
- Execute on a performance marketing roadmap that might involve paid social, paid search and influencer marketing
- Identify opportunities to improve our process
- Identify ROI positive paid marketing or media buying opportunities
- Track ROI and ROAS on a continuous basis
- Work closely with artists and animators to develop a creative pipeline
Within 12 months you’ll…
- Manage a marketing budget of $1M+/month
- Hire user acquisition analysts and interns to improve operations
- Hire artists, animators or agencies to scale marketing’s creative team
- Contribute to the strategic direction and vision for the company and its products
– Home office stipend. Haven’t worked remotely before? We offer a generous stipend to help you set up a productive workspace.
– Competitive salaries and significant equity.
– Unlimited Vacation policy. Time off is important – we encourage you to take the time you need.
– Education stipend. We deeply believe in learning and self improvement. We’ve set aside a budget for every employee to learn additional skills and grow.
Browse all of the latest remote jobs on EU Remote Jobs