*Please do not apply if you don’t currently reside in the UK or Europe
Help us make learning more captivating for all students!
Boclips has big ambitions: to power up the world’s learning platforms with high-quality, curated multimedia content. And we’ll need a lot of help doing it! Videos, podcasts and interactives are becoming critical to the online delivery of learning experiences to engage students and improve outcomes – but in order for those assets to provide value, they need to find their right place within the different learning curricula. We’ve built an AI-led product that is transforming the discoverability of relevant multimedia content for education.
In a nutshell, our Product Design team is:
Designing a platform for instructional designers and courseware creators that enables them to easily search and discover relevant, curriculum-aligned videos and podcasts to place in courseware. Our users work in education publishing, for digital-first learning platforms and other edtech platforms globally. We have customers and users from North America to India.
About the role:
*This is a freelance opportunity for minimum 3-months, with potential to extend or go full time, if the right fit.
We are looking for an experienced UI Designer who can skillfully create consistent design principles and make them a reality. You will be key to updating and maintaining our Design System. You will also evaluate the history of our product decisions through the already constructed UI and look for the most balanced way to evolve our product’s look and feel.
- You will work closely with our cross-functional Product Development Team, analyzing existing software implementations and identifying areas for improvement
- You will support the team by prototyping functional mockups and delivering final UI assets
- You will create new UI components to grow our Design System while maintaining the consistency of our existing UX style
- Using Design Tokens, you will develop and optimise our current Design System
- You will design icons, create beautiful illustrations and animations that support the interface
We are looking for someone with:
- You have 2+ years of experience in building UI and deep knowledge about its limitations
- You have excellent knowledge of Figma and a solid portfolio demonstrating your skills and thinking
- You have top-level communication skills, especially with developers. You are someone who can understand their perspective!
- You’re organized – especially around your workflow
- You speak English fluently
- You have a genuine curiosity, ability to learn, and an open mind to work on the best tools for educators
What We Offer
This role can be based remotely anywhere in UK or Europe which is CET +/- 2 hours.
At Boclips, we’re building a product for education, which means we are building a product for all learners. Our platform and its content is viewed by thousands of students around the world every week who have different needs, abilities and backgrounds. That’s why we are committed to hiring people regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability so our team can better empathise with our users.