The job in a nutshell
- Work with subject-matter experts (SMEs) from various fields to create pre-employment screening tests.
- Guide SMEs through creating a structure for their test, establish a process with them, provide feedback, and edit their work.
- Analyze feedback and data to further improve tests.
- Contribute test topic ideas and co-create other relevant content, such as interview questions, and hiring assignments (job simulations).
- Join (and help shape) the fast-growing HR tech startup TestGorilla as an early employee
- €35,000 – €46,000 compensation (€30,000 – €37,500 base + €5,000 – €8,500 max discretionary bonus, based on experience and performance), stock options
- Remote position with a smart, motivated, and friendly team.
The role in context
Screening tests are at the core of TestGorilla’s product. The value we bring to our customers ultimately depends on the reliability and validity of these tests.
As a test development editor, you will work closely with subject-matter experts (SMEs) to create screening tests and build long-term relationships with them for continuous collaboration and support.
You will work as a “product owner” for the tests you will manage, helping set up subject-matter experts with the right guidelines, templates, and resources to begin working in the right direction. You will give SMEs editing feedback throughout the process to improve the quality of their work, and organize third-party technical reviews to ensure the accuracy, validity and overall quality of the content. You will also work with subject-matter experts on test updates and revisions from our published library.
Initially, this role will involve sourcing SMEs for various tests. Eventually, this part of the process will be taken over by a dedicated recruiter who will provide qualified SME leads to evaluate and hire.
As part of a rapidly growing startup, you’ll also have the opportunity to work on a number of projects and directly contribute to improving our product and offerings.
- Guide the work of SMEs and give them editing feedback for expression, objectivity, and clarity, following best practices in test development.
- Collaborate with SMEs to address feedback from our users and our algorithms to improve tests.
- Recruit highly qualified SMEs to create tests for our platform. (Initially only; recruitment will later be taken over by a dedicated recruiter.)
- Build strong relationships with your SMEs for continuous collaboration and support.
- Manage an area of our test library, making sure its tests are published correctly and are up to date.
- Contribute new test ideas and other hiring material (such as custom screening questions, interview questions, and practical job simulations) to help improve our offerings to customers.
- Contribute to improving our test development tools and processes.
There is no set path to this role, and we’re open to applicants from various backgrounds and experiences.
But in order to succeed in this role, you should:
- Share our passion for helping companies hire the best, easily and without bias.
- Have excellent English writing and editing skills.
- Have worked as an editor in the past (either formally or informally for colleagues), and understand how to guide others to clarify their ideas and improve their writing.
- Have a strong interest in testing, psychometrics, and hiring, and want to learn more about these topics.
- Enjoy researching and learning new things at a deep level.
- Be comfortable working with data and basic statistics.
- Work well with others and manage your collaborators independently.
- Be comfortable working remotely.
- Appreciate the extremely varied needs of a startup.
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a global team.
How to apply
Please take our 75-minute assessment by clicking the button to apply. In addition to helping us understand your skills, the assessment will give you a first-hand experience of our product and the kind of work you will be responsible for.
Looking forward to receiving your application!
At TestGorilla, we envision a world where everyone has their dream job. To achieve that, employers and employees need to have the right information about each other.
We started in 2020 by building a screening platform that allows employers to evaluate candidates in the skills that matter most for success in a role. Our product replaces subjective, incomplete, and often inflated CVs with objective, reliable, and fair test results that measure aptitude, practical job skills, culture add, and motivation.
Improving and expanding this platform is our core focus at the moment, but it’s only the beginning of our journey to get everyone their dream job. Over time, we will launch more products that support this mission.
In early 2020 we attracted $1.2M in seed funding. Our platform went live commercially in July 2020, and we’ve experienced rapid growth since then.
We work remotely, spread across the Netherlands, Spain, Mexico, the US, Morocco, Argentina, Serbia, and the Philippines.
We’re just as passionate about building a great team as we are about building a great product. We’ve committed to the following values to guide our actions and decisions as a team day-to-day:
- We encourage each other: We bring a positive attitude to work. We help each other when stuck. We challenge each other in constructive ways. We celebrate wins as a team.
- We are bold: We’re bold in our ambition and dare to create new things. We know what we’re capable of and learn from our mistakes.
- We take full ownership of our work: We own the outcome of our work and do whatever necessary to improve it--including soliciting feedback and asking for help when we get stuck.
- We strive for excellence: We hold ourselves to high standards and work hard to increase our competencies.
- We do the right thing: We’re straight shooters and take our word seriously. We treat each other, our customers, and our collaborators with respect and empathy.
- We respect our (work-style) differences: We all have different ways of living and working. We all find our own point of balance, respect our differences, and accommodate each other’s style and preferences.