Wizeline is a global technology services provider that partners with Fortune 500 companies and startups to build high-quality digital products and platforms that accelerate time-to-market. Our diverse and adaptive teams provide the right combination of solutions and methodologies to deliver results while collaborating with our customers’ teams to foster innovation through continuous learning.
At Wizeline, we understand that great people and teams build great software. All team members are empowered to take ownership, raise their hands, and develop innovative solutions to our customers’ most challenging problems. To retain and develop top talent, we foster a working environment that celebrates creativity, encourages skill development, and allows for multidisciplinary collaboration.
We are invested in making a positive impact in our communities. That’s why we created Wizeline Academy, a free, community-based education program that teaches high-value skills to workers looking to advance their tech industry careers. To date, Academy has served more than 32,000 students with 250 instructors across 194 courses. Wizeliners have the opportunity to upskill by taking Academy courses and can also share their expertise by delivering classes to students.
- Work with the internal Engineering, Design, and Product Management teams to understand the product and documentation requirements as well as the business context.
- Recommend appropriate documentation strategy for each product based on business and technical goals.
- Produce high-quality documentation appropriate for an intended audience.
- Write initial product documentation and enhance existing documentation.
- Analyze existing documentation to identify missing and inconsistent content.
- Develop complete, easy-to-understand user manuals, developer guides, installation guides, administration guides, technical overviews, online help, reference guides, release notes, troubleshooting guides, etc.
- Understand and incorporate the documentation needs of the end users by gathering their feedback directly.
- Show leadership in driving successful adoption of products through communications and documentation.
Are you a fit?
- BS/BA degree required in Computer Science, Engineering, Technical Writing, or equivalent work experience.
- Writing experience in the Tech industry.
- Outstanding native-level written English and Spanish grammar and language skills.
- Hands-on experience writing documentation for developers (APIs, web technologies.)
- Hands-on experience documenting REST APIs, JSON, XML, Java.
- Experience writing in Markdown.
- Hands-on experience with version control (such as Git or Subversion.)
- Good understanding of programming concepts.
- Knowledge of AWS or Google Cloud is highly desirable.
- Ability to quickly understand complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text, graphics, and sample code.
- Proven ability to multi-task.
- Meticulous with verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work equally well, both independently and in a team environment.
- Very good time management skills and attention to detail.
Why You Should Apply
Still not convinced you should apply? Here are some of the things that make Wizeline different from other technology services companies:
At Wizeline, we value innovation, community, and ownership. Our commitment to diversity, inclusion, and respect fosters an environment where everyone does well and does good. We’re proud to be recognized by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation in response to our inclusive corporate policies and best practices for LGBTQ+ employees.
We offer exceptional career growth opportunities to our employees with skill development workshops, mentoring programs, and support for side projects or entrepreneurial work. In 2020, we won a Súper Empresas award for our organizational culture and climate.
Our Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive compensation and employee-centric benefits, including industry-leading maternity and paternity leave, wellness programs, and remote work opportunities. In recognition of our superb employee benefits, we even qualified for the Súper Espacios award in 2020.
Our Global Family
To support the global nature of our business and help our employees grow beyond their technical skills, we offer free virtual English and Spanish language classes as well as provide immigration support when applicable. Prior to COVID-19, we had a robust Work Abroad program in place, which we plan to continue once it’s safe to do so.