This is a hybrid role, and you will be expected to spend at least 50% of your time working as a senior software engineer. Additionally, you will be responsible for:
- Leading a small team of 2-5 people, ensuring that they work productively and effectively, and that their output is aligned with the company’s technical, product and commercial goals.
- Line management for your team, including supporting their personal development, and where necessary performance management.
- Aligning your team with the rest of the company, and ensuring effective communication takes place at all levels.
- Working with company leadership to ensure that your team has the resources it needs to operate effectively. This includes recruitment, retention and development of staff, and in some cases participating in budgeting processes and procuring relevant third party products and services.
- Helping to implement best practice processes, for example Scrum.
- Helping to reinforce a high quality engineering culture.
- Reporting and managing upwards, including providing visibility into delivery progress.
In addition to a relevant background in software engineering, you will likely also have experience:
- Leading software engineering teams, in a start-up environment.
- Using best practices in agile delivery management (e.g. Scrum) and quality assurance (e.g. test driven development).
- Operating in a product-oriented environment, working closely with a product management team outside of your organisation.
- Working closely with senior technical and non-technical team members.
- Experience managing and optimising cloud infrastructure costs and resources.
- 5y+ experience in a directly relevant / similar senior role
- Experience leading a team on end-to-end projects in Scrum/Agile environment
- Management experience (inc hiring, career development, training, etc.)
- Experience working with company leadership and other stakeholders e.g. to set goals and priorities
- Strong communication and English skills
- Commercially aware and product-minded
Browse the latest remote jobs here >>> euremotejobs.com/jobs/