At Koyeb, our mission is to provide the fastest way to run APIs, full-stack apps, and event-driven workloads around the world with high performance and a developer-centric experience. We aim to dramatically reduce deployment time and operational complexity by removing server and infrastructure management for businesses and developers.
We are a team of 9 product-minded people obsessed with making developers’ lives easier with a next-generation cloud platform.
We announced the Koyeb platform public preview in May 2022 and have built a community of over 15,000 developers worldwide.
We are focused on a developer-led approach, our acquisition is purely organic, and developer adoption is crucial to the success of our mission.
As a fully-remote distributed team, we hire all-around Europe and have offices in Paris & Lyon, France. We offer attractive compensation with equity.
We are funded by top-tier investors and have plenty of runway to build a tremendous experience for developers.
We are looking for our first customer success manager to help our professional customers deploy on the platform and adopt advanced features.
Our thing is making developers’ lives easier with the fastest way to deploy applications globally. The Koyeb Serverless Platform is completely managed: we take code, build it into containers, and run it inside of MicroVMs distributed across multiple continents.
We have built a developer community of over 50,000 members and are serving businesses all around the world. This is just the beginning and we’re growing super fast.
If this sounds interesting, keep reading!
What you’ll be doing
As a Customer Success Manager, you will be working with our customers to onboard them on the Koyeb platform and ensure they have a successful experience. This is central to the users’ experience, you will be the first contact point, and this is critical to our growth.
This job is focused on helping our users, who are developers, adopt the product and quickly deploy their production applications on the Koyeb platform.
You will be working with developers working in a large variety of languages, from Node.js to Rust, deploying native code or Docker containers in a wide variety of scenarios. You will constantly interact with all members of the team, both on the engineering and product side, to provide the best experience to our users.
- Engage with all professional users to know about their needs, our strength, and our weaknesses
- Work with developers and businesses to ensure they understand the Koyeb platform and can use it effectively
- Deliver compelling product demonstrations
- Help developers and businesses understand how to run their applications on the Koyeb platform
- Help users design complex systems on top of Koyeb
- Write relevant public documentation to help in self-onboarding
- Introduce the right people from the Koyeb team at the right time
- Identify common user-related issues
You will be the first customer success manager. You will be working daily with, Yann and Edouard, our co-founders who are currently handling Customer Success Management.
You’ll succeed if you:
- Increase professional users’ product adoption through pre-sales discussions and proactive success practices
- Lead our customer success efforts
- Systematically engage and follow up with advanced users of the platform to drive growth
- Advocate for customer needs through user feedback
- Help us identify ICP
As a general rule, if you join us, independent of the position, you should be comfortable with the following description of yourself. You:
- have an international mindset and think global
- are looking for a fast-paced environment
- are ambitious and believe small teams can have a huge impact
- are data-driven, you know decisions are more meaningful if they are based on data
- are working as a team member
- are autonomous and structured, are able and willing to write specifications/plans before implementing/executing
- are striving for continuous improvement and learning
More specifically, you:
- have experience in technical customer success management or technical account management
- love talking to users and learning about their needs
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- have experience with customer training and documentation creation
- are highly organized and detail-oriented
- have excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- have technical expertise and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- can work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
Our stack and technologies
- We provide various developer tools to deploy on our platform, including:
- A web interface at app.koyeb.app
- Koyeb CLI and REST APIs
- Pulumi and Terraform connectors
- We interact with our users through:
- Our in-app support
- Our community platform at community.koyeb.com
- Our feedback platform at feedback.koyeb.com
- Our Slack community channel at slack.koyeb.com
- We write tutorials to help our users deploy on the platform
- All the Koyeb platform is built internally by our engineering team
How we work
This is a fully-remote full-time position – with the option to work from our main office in Paris, France, or in a co-working space near you.
We hire everywhere in Europe for this position and you should be less than 3000 kms/5 hours away from Paris, France as we meet once every 6 weeks there for an event we – super originally – call “Everyone in Paris”.
We believe being able to meet once every 6 weeks is a strong advantage to improve communication and brainstorming.
- If you’re located in France, we provide standard full-time contracts with full-health coverage and standard benefits.
- If you’re located in another country, we provide two options:
- start with a 4 months independent contract and onboard you after that as a full-time employee with deel.com EoR service – we just need some time to understand your local regulation.
- work indefinitely as an independent contractor – if local labor laws allow it
We’re looking for an experienced customer success manager (IC10c) and the salary is between €64k and €75k, plus equity. This is the gross salary for France – for team members who are based outside of France, gross salaries are adjusted using the total cost as an employer, click here to learn more.
Some context about Koyeb:
- We’re a really small team, currently 15 full-time in the whole company when you will be joining. We’re composed of 80% of technical people and the resulting 20% catch the technical side.
- We’re building a product used by developers and are interacting daily with our developers’ community – which are our users.
- All our communications, internal and public, are in English. We are a global company, currently headquartered in France, Europe.
- We’re prioritizing work that has a direct impact on user experience and expect you to think first about impact. Our long-term mission doesn’t change, but you need to be willing to work on a short-term roadmap evolving quickly depending on user feedback.
- We’re an early-stage and full remote company. This is a demanding job that requires a high degree of autonomy and the ability to work asynchronously.
If these look like challenges you’d like to work on, continue scrolling
If we believe we could work together, Richa, our people & talent manager, will reach out to schedule a first 30 minutes call to make sure this could be a match.
If this looks good, we will continue with a 1h call to discuss your experience, ask a few questions about your customer success experience, your computer science culture and Linux systems knowledge to have a global feeling of what you already know.
The third step is a customer success oriented discussion.
The whole process should take about two weeks.