IO Global, creator of the Cardano blockchain blockchain, is searching for a Technical Architect to join its Lightwallet team. You’ll be working with highly skilled software engineers who are implementing a new wallet strategy for IOG. This covers the wallets and various APIs and commercial solutions designed with the Cardano team. Your tooling and architectural choices will influence the adoption of Cardano by billions of users, along with the DApps and DeFi systems that are being developed.
As a Technical Architect you take ownership and are accountable for technical decisions about a product. You are responsible for designing products, components, features, and libraries that satisfy functional and non-functional requirements driven by the needs of users. You must also provide technical leadership and supervise the development teams, and must delegate architecture tasks effectively and responsibly to avoid both efficiency bottlenecks and architectural disagreements. You must be pragmatic about technical debt, and must be willing to make difficult compromises in the architecture to deliver minimum viable products within a reasonable time.
Duties will include:
- Supporting agile software development practices
- Participating in the planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and exploring alternatives
- Providing technical details to scientists, researchers and developers
- Helping to decide how work will be broken down and allocated to get the best out of team members
- Ensuring that software engineering principles are followed
- Enabling a continuous delivery of features through appropriate architecture design and by establishing timelines and milestones
- Distinguishing between features and enablers, and proactively recommending work on enablers to allow the future implementation of features
- Defining subsystems and their interfaces, allocating clear responsibilities to subsystems
- Ensuring that IOG products do not depend on unstable or immature external libraries
- Evaluating and selecting appropriate software or hardware and suggesting integration methods
- Managing legacy systems and integrating with legacy technology when appropriate
- Acquiring deep technical understanding of problems and solutions
- Knowing the limitations of your own knowledge and experience to understand when to learn more or when to look for outside expertise
- Providing technical guidance to software engineers.
- A degree in computer science or engineering
- At least two to three years experience of industrial/commercial development
- A minimum of one year as a technical architect
- A minimum of one year as the leader of a software development team
- A background in distributed computing, and preferably strong experience with blockchain technologies
- Strong communication skills; technical product ownership experience will be much appreciated
- Familiarity with agile, Jira and GitHub is essential
- Deep technical understanding of problems and solution spaces
- Consciousness of the costs of architectural decisions
- Ability to clearly and comprehensively justify suggestions and decisions
- Knowledge of functional and object-oriented programming paradigms
- Experience of working with scientists, researchers and formal methods specialists
- Aptitude for writing and oral communication, organization and problem-solving.
IOG is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution we are ideally searching for someone in a European or APAC timezone.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work – ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service