About Koa Health
Against the backdrop of decades of rising demand, mental health has never been more important. The Covid pandemic has led to a four-fold increase in mental disorders around the world, impacting individuals, companies, and communities. With no increase in the supply of clinicians, tens of millions of people are stranded today without access to care. Today, we simply don’t have enough mental health clinicians to meet demand. Koa Health aims to solve the gap between demand and supply with a unique human-digital hybrid approach, built upon the best digital technology in the literature. Koa’s digital assets deliver the highest quality care, measured through engagement, program completion, patient and clinician satisfaction, and clinical efficacy. Critically, Koa technology substantially increases clinician productivity, allowing our precious clinicians to treat more people. With more than fifty papers in the literature, twelve clinical trials, 26 patents, and broad and deep clinical networks in place, we have just launched Koa Care 360 – a uniquely scalable and profitable mental health care service.
Having secured a successful and oversubscribed Series A funding totaling €30m (ca.$36M) in October 2020 and additional €20m funding in May 2022, we are currently closing our Series B round of investment, with €12M secured from our existing investors. You can read more about Koa Health on our website here. There has never been a more critical moment for the work that we’re leading at Koa Health. And this is where you come in!
- Lead the team responsible with the responsibility of operating, improving and customizing our current systems used in the activation of new clients in collaboration with our commercial teams.
- Lead by example, being an extraordinary software engineer but at the same time being able to coach, mentor and guide a team with 2-3 really senior engineers.
- Supporting the business in pre-sales technical consultancy with clients, providing expertise in integration and customisation. Developing rapid prototypes and proof-of-concepts to unblock business discussions, then handing them over in a good state for integration with the product backlog.
- Implement new features for any of our products, refactors and fixes and reason about the solution adopted.
- Participate proactively in team technical meetings and discussions.
- Support the definition of integration and end to end tests for components and modules.
- Architecting technical solutions based on our product portfolio and integrating / developing new components and services that enable to activate any customer.
- Write technical documentation
- Work independently and as a team, participating in code reviews.
Your New Role
- Comfortable with, and adaptable to, a start-up environment with high levels of ambiguity.
- Sense of ownership/accountability for the success of the company.
- Motivation for solving customers problems and delivering value to customers at a fast pace
- Lead your team, being responsible for driving the technological decisions that make great our products and solutions, collaborate with different product teams, and provide technical guidance to requirements of the business.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency, customer satisfaction and the business value.
- Proven record of working with cloud-based architectures and delivering software solutions to customers is a big plus.
- Defining, designing and owning API contracts made for internal and external stakeholders
- Quickly create prototypes and integrate existing systems.
- Provide technical expertise to clients and clearly communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Be able to understand our technical stack, products and solutions and propose continuous improvements
- Understanding of AWS and Amazon’s development ecosystem is a big plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing systems in mobile and web apps is a great plus.
- Familiarity with most of our tech stack including Flutter for mobile devices, NodeJS + TypeScript for the backend running on a Kubernetes infrastructure in the Cloud. Angular or React front-end for web is a plus
- Prove experience leading other engineers is a big plus.
- Experience dealing with customer requests and market adaptations.
- Specialist in Cloud services, AWS most desired, with a proven track record of designing and delivering scalable, resilient and cost-effective solutions.
- Able to deliver on time, on budget and on scope and experience on managed services and integration solutions is a plus
- Hands on experience integrating OAuth3 OIDC and SAML2
- Experience with Infrastructure as code, automation, CI/CD is a plus
- Suitable supporting coding languages (for instance, Python, JS/TS, etc)
- Experience with integration and end to end tests is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Why Koa Health?
We are at the forefront of innovation in digital health, working on one of today’s hottest topics – mental health. By working with Koa, you will make a positive impact on the lives of many people.
Aside from the power of our mission, we provide all the support and benefits to make your life at work and outside of work fun and comfortable year-round, such as:
- Competitive rewards package that includes: Food Allowance, Private Health Insurance, Pension Contribution, Life Insurance, Bonus Scheme, and Share Options
- We believe in walking the talk: We are focused on supporting your wellbeing and therefore provide you with a Wellbeing Allowance and Wellbeing Leave, as well as a generous annual leave allocation to help manage both your mental and physical health as you see fit
- Flexibility: We’re hiring your skills and experience, so ask you to use these in the most effective way you can whilst managing your work-life balance in your own way
- Worldwide WeWork membership: We provide access to WeWork for those who prefer hybrid working (remote and in the office). Across the world, you will find Koa teams collaborating on our private rooftop terrace in Barcelona and in our offices in downtown Boston and central London
- An international environment: Our teams, our clients and our collaborators span the US, the UK, Europe, and Asia. Our breadth of experience offers the opportunity to understand and get involved in healthcare systems worldwide.