Craft is an enterprise intelligence company helping organizations accelerate data-informed business decisions. Our unique, proprietary data platform tracks thousands of real-time signals across millions of companies globally, delivering best in class monitoring and insight into global supply chains, among other company cohorts. Our clients, including Fortune 100 companies, government and military agencies, SMEs, asset management groups, and others, use our technology for supply chain intelligence, market intelligence and related use cases. Through our modular, secure, customizable portal, our clients can monitor any company they are working with and drive critical actions in real-time.
We are a well-funded technology company with leading investors from Silicon Valley and elsewhere.
We’re not your typical data or SaaS startup. Our CEO is a seasoned entrepreneur and Juilliard-trained cellist. Our team is equally composed of musicians/artists and people into sports and the outdoors. The Craft team is globally distributed with a physical HQ in San Francisco, and offices in London, UK and Minsk, Belarus. We fully support and encourage remote workers! We are looking for innovative and driven people who are passionate about data to join our rapidly growing team.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values and encourages diversity and belonging at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
In this role you will
- Lead a team of 7 talented software engineers located in Europe
- Define (in collaboration with the whole squad and driving squad’s processes): stand-ups, plannings (with PM), grooming, sprint reviews
- Managing the How and the When
- Monitor each sprint’s progress and remove roadblocks impeding the product’s development; lead sprint reviews
- Work with a product manager and a designer to provide feasibility and high-level estimations for the product roadmap and ensure the product backlog is up to date
- Communicate changes in the product backlog to the development team
- Motivate the development team to complete tasks on time
- Report on the success of the sprint
- Advocate for modern engineering best practices by conducting architecture reviews and ensuring security, scalability, and resilience from the end system
- Identify product/functionality gaps and collaborate with internal product and technology teams to define necessary development
We’d love to hear from you if you have
- 7+ years of experience in Software Engineering and a minimum of two years leading engineering teams
- Experience leading and collaborating with remote engineering teams
- Background in BI, data warehousing or data engineering
- Experience in business analysis: gathering recuruirements from clients or customers
- Excellent leadership skills with strong collaboration and communication aptitude, especially with cross-functional teams
- Proven track record of successfully leading a team, while working on a user-focused product (preferably in the enterprise analytics space)
- Extreme ownership and accountability, a “can-do” and “get-it-done” attitude
- In-depth knowledge of multiple programming languages, frameworks, and/or specialized systems and the ability to discern and articulate the relative merits of each
- Deep knowledge of AWS or other majoir cloud providers
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong team player, great listener, able to facilitate discussion and assimilate diverse opinions towards clear decisions
- Self-starter, independent, likes to take initiative
A Note to Candidates
Studies have shown that women and people of color tend not to apply for jobs unless they feel they meet exactly all items in the job description. We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t match everything listed in the job description.
To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, and people from low-income families.
- Competitive salary + equity at a well-funded VC-backed startup
- Option to work remotely
- Apple MacBook
Browse all of the latest remote engineering jobs open to European timezones