Building the Future of Crypto
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different?
Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Kraken Futures.
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
Proof of Work
The Kraken Tax team plays a vital role in ensuring Kraken is tax compliant in every jurisdiction we operate in. It consists of an agile team of tax professionals of a diverse background spread across the US, Europe and APAC and holding a unique blend of best in class tax expertise, with strong focus on technology and automation. The team embraces hyper-transparency, fostering an environment of open dialogue, candid discussions and constructive feedback, staying adaptable in the ever-evolving tax environment in the crypto industry.
Working in the Kraken International Tax Operations team, you will be reporting to the International Tax Operations Manager and support with the daily management of Kraken’s indirect tax compliance.
This role is open to candidates based in the EU.
- Manage Indirect Tax (VAT/GST) compliance processes to ensure timely and accurate tax filings in the jurisdictions that Kraken operates in.
- Work with our external advisors, review deliverables and ensure accuracy of tax returns
- Coordinate and work with other teams of the Finance Department, e.g. work with Treasury to ensure tax payments are made, work with Accounts Payable to ensure correct tax codes are used, and answer any queries on VAT/GST invoices.
- Involvement in process improvements and automation projects and ensure indirect tax processes are up to date and documented
- Work with the wider Tax team on ad-hoc compliance and advisory projects.
- Assisting with statutory audits in relation to VAT/GST, and audits/enquiries raised by tax authorities.
- Supporting with external adviser spend and tracking
Skills you should HODL
- 3+ years experience in VAT accounting / compliance in EU jurisdictions.
- Excellent data analysis skills and working in large datasets
- Well versed in Excel, able to work in and maintain complex spreadsheets
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize workload and keep to tight deadlines
Nice to Haves
- Previous experience in Netsuite, Superset, Tableau
- Previous exposure in the FinTech/Crypto industry
- Previous exposure in Digital Services Taxes
- Second European language
Location Tagging: #EU #LI-remote
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.