Ruby Labs Ltd (RL) is a fast-growing start-up established in London in 2018. RL operates the biggest astrology mobile app with the mission to educate people by simplifying astrology for greater awareness, and on its track to launch the mobile fitness app in early 2021.
We are looking for a trusted Talent Partner that’s not afraid of scrappy environments. You’ll report directly to our Head of People and Talent and bring your creativity, networking skills and recruitment experience to meet our hiring needs.
This is a truly exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing, self-funded start-up that strives hard to create a fast-paced, supportive and fun working environment.
We’re scaling quickly, which means that the focus and responsibilities of any position can be quite dynamic – but here’s how we initially see your skills and passion coming to life at RL:
- Work closely with the Head of People and Talent to understand hiring priorities
- Use multiple sourcing channels to identify and shortlist high calibre candidates to ensure a strong pipeline for high priority roles
- Engage with passive candidates across UK and Europe. We are a remote first company and have the opportunity to speak with awesome people across many different countries!
- Provide a great candidate experience at every opportunity through exceptional communication and organisational skills
- Other People and Talent Team initiatives such as onboarding new hires, culture and employer branding
- Previous experience in a resourcing/recruiter position working on Product Design and Business positions, across UK and Europe.
- Curious and focused individual that strives to find the most effective ways to get the job done
- A self-starter with a willingness to learn and solve complex recruitment puzzles
- Coordination, planning and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Great attention to detail
- Personable, collaborative attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Knows how to have to have fun whilst maintaining a professional outlook
- Fluency in English as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Nice to Have
- Previous experience with onboarding new hires
- Previous experience using an ATS (we use Lever)
- Previous experience working with startups or scale-ups
You will be joining a strong team of ~40 people passionate about building the best-in-class product. RL has incredible team members, users, and ambitions… which is where you come in.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build and grow one of the most exciting astrology products which will shape the future of how people consume astrology services.
We are a remote-first company, and our product team is distributed across Europe while our chat operators and content management are located on-site in Malta. This was a deliberate choice to prioritise work-life balance and ensure we’re able to accommodate the best people in Europe, whilst fostering diversity.
“When we are kind, it is not only good for the object of our kindness; it is also good for our own health and happiness.” Professor Stephen Post, author of “Why Good Things Happen to Good People”
Cultivate a work environment where all team members feel respected, treated fairly, empowered, recognized, safe, and heard—one where they have the opportunity to excel. An environment in which everyone truly feels included.
Work-life balance is the state of equilibrium where a team member equally prioritizes the demands of one’s career and the demands of one’s personal life.
Constant personal and professional growth. More than just acquiring new skills, it’s about learning from our experiences and seeing failure as a path to success.
Competitive remuneration, Culture of continuous learning, Flexible vacation policy.
Regular employment in UK or Malta or Contractor agreement for the team members distributed across Europe (non-UK/Malta).
Find all the latest remote hr jobs open to European time zones.