Currently, we’re hiring a Tech Lead to join our IT team, managing 2 senior backend & 2 senior frontend developers, collaborating with our Founders and Product Team. Learn more about the way our software development team works here.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position can be 100% remote, working on a daily basis within our timezone (CET). The whole team works remotely, but we also have an office in Kraków, Poland available to use.
As a Tech Lead, you will be responsible for 3 main areas:
- Tech excellence – ensuring the quality of code & architecture, guarding our development principles (like writing tests first, fixing bugs first, making failed builds green as soon as possible), and expanding our technical excellence into new areas.
- IT delivery – planning, defining and executing IT goals, monitoring progress to ensure business value is delivered, optimizing the workflow (eg. keeping Work In Progress low)
- Team management – leading a team of 4 senior developers experienced in frontend, backend, and Infrastructure as Code development; defining recruitment needs and developing your teammates (eg. through bi-weekly 1:1s and periodic performance reviews)
Your typical week will consist of:
20-40% – coding & code reviews
25% – team management (1:1s, reviews, feedback, recruitment)
20% – meetings (sprint plannings, standups, retros, devs’ tech meetings, leadership meetings)
15-35% – strategy & daily execution (tech vision, goal-setting – we use OKRs, roadmaps, follow-ups, team questions, communication)
Our tech stack:
Backend: PHP, Laravel, Twig, MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch
Frontend: Vue, Twig, SCSS, Tailwind, Jest
Infrastructure: CDN in Fastly, HAProxy, Nginx, Elasticsearch/Fluentd/Kibana + Grafana stack for monitoring, Docker, Terraform, multiple AWS services for test instances, backups and CI/CD, PHPUnit & Jest for tests
New video product we recently bootstrapped: Vue, Tailwind, Twilio Video, Google Firestore, and Vercel.
HOW YOU CAN GROW WITH US
- Lead the transition of our marketplace product into becoming a cloud-native application (or decide when to stop with further automation and Infrastructure-as-Code)
- Further improve our workflow based on Kanban by constantly decreasing cycle & lead times as well as keeping the Work In Progress low
- Help shape the organization structure, roles, and responsibilities within the IT/Product area as the company is growing in number of people and products
- Tackle scaling challenges – we grow our traffic volume, data usage and we are expanding geographically into new markets and sources of revenues
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Very good knowledge of at least 1 programming language (you will work in PHP or JS/TS), including at least one modern framework
- Experience in managing a team of developers with the proven ability to set goals and support the growth of developers
- Code organization skills – familiarity with concepts such as SOLID, design patterns, Clean Code, Domain-Driven Design, etc.
- Regular user of software development best practices, like Test-Driven Development, Trunk-Based Development/Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment as well as Agile, DevOps and Infrastructure-as-Code
- Constant learner mindset with a passion for IT, actively acquiring new knowledge, and being up to date with the latest state-of-the-art software industry know-how
- Great communication skills in English
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT TAGVENUE
- A well-developed workflow in Kanban – currently 150 deployments to production monthly; Trunk-Based Development; automated tests battery run in ca. 5 min; low Work In Progress ~3 stories open)
- Company Founders who invest in technical excellence practices like fast CI/CD pipelines, writing tests (first), Infrastructure-as-Code, well-organized code (Clean Code, Domain-Driven Design, etc.)
- Constant learning culture among sharp and passionate developers who read books, attend & speak at conferences, with unlimited book allowance to support your personal growth
- Competitive monthly salary 19-25k PLN net/B2B
- 20 days of paid time off per year + PL public holidays to support your work-life balance
- A choice to work 100% remotely or, if you prefer, from our office in Kraków
Our recruitment process
- Tech & HR screening
- Tech interview/Pair programming
- Demo day
We are Tagvenue - one of the world’s fastest-growing online marketplace for venue hire with over 8,000 event spaces listed in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, Canada, and Singapore. In 2020, we launched a new product - Tagvenue Virtual - a video platform that provides a variety of interactive games that can be played by remote teams. Our main office in Kraków, Poland is a multicultural hub focused on constant development.