Currently, we’re hiring a Senior Frontend Developer to join our IT team, working together with 1 senior frontend & 2 senior backend developers, collaborating with our Founders and Product Team.
Learn more about the way our software development team works here.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position can be 100% remote, working on a daily basis within our timezone (CET). The whole team works remotely, but we also have an office in Kraków, Poland available to use.
As a Senior Frontend Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Building reusable UI components with Twig, SCSS, and the latest Vue.js
- Ensuring great performance and even better UX
- Running AB tests and collecting user metrics
- Automating our processes
- Ensuring everything looks great across all browsers
- Taking part in scaling the app for new markets and high volumes, optimizing front-end application to our users from London to Australia
- Creating software in a TDD manner with quality in mind
Our tech stack:
Backend: PHP, Laravel, Twig, MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch
Frontend: Vue, Twig, SCSS, Tailwind, Jest
Infrastructure: CDN in Fastly, HAProxy, Nginx, Elasticsearch/Fluentd/Kibana + Grafana stack for monitoring, Docker, Terraform, multiple AWS services for test instances, backups, and CI/CD, PHPUnit & Jest for tests
The above is the stack of our main marketplace application. Last year we also bootstrapped a new video product in Vue, Tailwind, Twilio Video, Google Firestore, and Vercel.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Good knowledge of Vue.js or other modern JS framework
- Strong skills in applying front-end best practices (e.g. responsive web design, progressive enhancement)
- Solid knowledge of browser’s dev tools and the ability to make use of them
- Strong communication skills in English
- Constant learner mindset with a passion for IT, actively acquiring new knowledge, and being up to date with the latest state-of-the-art software industry know-how
Nice to have:
- Strong skills in solving cross-browser inconsistencies and performance optimization
- Following software development best practices, like Test-Driven Development, Trunk-Based Development/Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment as well as Agile, DevOps and Infrastructure-as-Code
- Visual design skills
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT TAGVENUE
- A well-developed workflow in Kanban and Trunk-Based Development – currently 150 deployments to production monthly, automated tests battery run in ca. 5 min; low Work In Progress (usually 1 story open per developer)
- The possibility to develop your skills in many different areas (e.g. UI)
- Company Founders who invest in technical excellence practices like fast CI/CD pipelines, writing tests (first), Infrastructure-as-Code, well-organized code (Clean Code, Domain-Driven Design, etc.)
- Constant learning culture among sharp and passionate developers who read books, attend & speak at conferences, with unlimited book allowance to support your personal growth
- Competitive monthly salary 15-19k PLN net/B2B
- 20 days of paid time off per year + PL public holidays to support your work-life balance
- A choice to work 100% remotely or, if you prefer, from our office in Kraków
Our recruitment process
- Tech & HR screening
- Tech interview/Pair programming
- Demo day
We are Tagvenue - one of the world’s fastest-growing online marketplace for venue hire with over 8,000 event spaces listed in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, Canada, and Singapore. In 2020, we launched a new product - Tagvenue Virtual - a video platform that provides a variety of interactive games that can be played by remote teams. Our main office in Kraków, Poland is a multicultural hub focused on constant development.