Location: Berlin or Remotely within similar Time Zone
Contract: Unlimited, Full
Apply by: 15.04.2021
At Blinkist, we don’t just accept our differences — we celebrate and support them. We are committed to provide equal employment opportunity and strongly encourage you to apply regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point after applying, please let us know.
Blinkist is the quick-hit nonfiction learning app that’s made in Berlin! We believe in innovation, collaboration, and diversity. We inspire people to keep learning.
As Supervising Producer at Blinkist, you will…
- Lead production of some Shortcast shows
- Lead and work closely with a team of producers
- Be creative and use editing, writing, and audio skills in addition to coaching, feedback, and communication skills
- Work together with the Shortcast team to build processes to help us work together with partners inside and outside the organization
- Help establish Shortcasts as the leading short-form audio format in the world
To be successful in this role, we believe you need at least 2 years of experience in audio production. You should demonstrate:
- Excellent editing and scripting skills, specifically able to pull out the key idea of a larger piece of content and present it in a compelling and useful way
- Great collaboration and communication, especially in these difficult pandemic times!
- Analytical, critical thinking both in content and processes
- Leadership in working with a creative team
- Project management abilities with complex production processes and schedules
- Exceptional feedback skills
- Be a human with real fallibilities and vulnerabilities!
We created our own Blinkist Operating System that grows along with us and fosters a unique company culture valuing empowerment, accountability, personal development, direct communication, and transparency. We support each other and carve out opportunities for you to grow. We embrace a hybrid way of work where you can choose to work from home or the Blinkist office.
- Find yourself trusted and valued by your workplace – We truly want to support each other and carve out opportunities for you to grow in your skillset and career. At Blinkist, leadership is a sparring partner, not a micro manager.
- Opportunity to have an impact – Own your field and make key decisions that impact the future of the company.
- More than perks – Get yearly public transport passes to get around town hassle-free. We offer our team perks that don’t try to keep you at the office, and can be enjoyed on your own time.
- Work wherever you like – Decide on your hours and work from home or remotely whenever you like. We have a beautiful open office in Berlin Neukölln as well.
- Settle in – We help with relocation and work permits to put your mind at ease when joining us in Berlin.
- Take time to recharge – Get 30 vacation days per year, national holidays on top!
- Always Learning – Benefit from company-wide professional learning & development budget with team-based training and coaching, as well as a yearly book allowance to expand your knowledge!
- Environmentally conscious – We track and take actions on our carbon footprints. Work with a company where climate action is seen as a responsibility, and act now, together with us.
To find out more about life at Blinkist, visit our careers site at www.blinkist.com/jobs or follow us on Instagram @behindtheblinks.
Please apply online for this position by April 15th, 2021. Your contact person is Mertcan Uzun. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Browse the latest remote jobs open to European, Middle Eastern, and African time zones.