Worldwide, more than 75 million young people are unemployed. But many employers can’t find people with the skills they need for entry-level jobs. Generation was created in 2014 to help bridge this gap—at speed and scale. We’re building a skills-training methodology that can serve hundreds of thousands, and eventually millions, of young people a year. And we’re building proof that this training creates real business outcomes for employers, and lasting career impact for trainees—so everyone has the incentive to invest in skills. Our goal is to help our students achieve personal and professional success—and fundamentally change their life trajectories. Generation programs prepare unemployed or underemployed people for jobs in four sectors: healthcare, technology, retail/sales, and skilled trades. Today, Generation is active in thirteen countries— and over 100 cities—with diverse social, economic and labor-market contexts.
Generation is seeking a Strategy & Operations Associate with experience in analyzing data for business insights. You will be joining the Employer Engagement team within Generation, with a pivotal role in helping us measure and assess our employer partnerships that lead to life-changing opportunities for the thousands of job-seekers that we train and place into jobs.
The Strategy & Operations Associate is a full-time role that will report directly to the Global Director of Employer Engagement. You will work closely with the Director, the Global Employer Engagement Manager, and partnerships. At the global level, we are a virtual team and you would primarily work remotely with potentially some limited travel to Generation locations when travel restrictions are lifted.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Strategy & Operations Associate will work with Generation’s Employer Engagement team and our 14 country business development teams to model, analyze, and visualize relevant metrics that inform both short- and long-term decision-making. This role will be responsible for producing, maintaining, and expanding usage of impactful reports and dashboards.
Responsibilities may include:
o Understanding the goals of the employer engagement/BD teams to select and define KPIs and evolve and improve these over time
o Utilizing and training teams how to use our BD dashboard on PowerBI
o Problem-solving how to calculate a return on investment for employers who hire from Generation, and working with country teams to collect the data from employers to perform the analysis
o Working with our Marketing team to track and analyze the effectiveness of our B2B marketing
o Helping country teams use and interpret the data from our professions diagnostic tool; assist the Data & Impact team in rolling out to additional markets
o Working with country teams to analyze potential demand for new roles and/or geographies, including helping analyze job demand data from the professions diagnostic tool and the textkernal JobFeed platform
o Working with countries teams to ensure proper data entry and data cleaning on Salesforce
o Building the capabilities of our country Employer Engagement teams by training and coaching them on our data tools and dashboards
o Helping country teams craft employer surveys and analyze the results to gain insights into our impact at employers
o Developing and/or maintaining trackers of country ‘experiments’ in areas such as placement and employer nurturing, and analyzing results for insights and best practices
o Updating our business development materials using relevant, timely data
o Cleary communicating – visually and verbally – data analyses and insights for a broad range of audiences, from senior managers to local coordinators
LOCATION AND TRAVEL
Ideal location is in Europe (Spain, France, UK, or Italy) or Africa and the Americas. The position may involve some global travel, as needed, to support local country teams, once travel restrictions are lifted.
You will report to the Global Director of Employer Engagement.
The position will be a full-time, permanent post with traditional benefits. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and are excited at the thought of providing support to country teams to increase the number and effectiveness of our employer partnerships and to deliver long-term impact for employers, our learners and their communities. You can work independently and get things done at a high standard, but also like to collaborate with others to build capabilities and improve processes.
Ideal experience and skills:
· 2+ years’ experience in a role that requires business or data analysis
· Experience building, automating, and maintaining data flow
· Experience with a broad range of tools and tech for data management (preferably, a mix of Salesforce and/or relational databases); data extraction; data analysis (e.g., Excel); and data visualization (preferably, Power BI)
· Experience applying data modeling, design, and techniques to take business intelligence requirements from concept to implementation
· Ability to manage a high-volume workload at a fast pace with strong attention to detail and a high bar for quality
· Success in building and managing collaborative relationships, ideally across a range of functions, geographies and cultural contexts
· Clear written and verbal communication skills, particularly in the context of sharing insights from data to non-technical audiences
· Experience developing presentations using Powerpoint or Google slides
· Fluency in English
· Business or data analyst role at a top-tier consulting firm
· Fluency in additional languages beyond English
· Experience living and/or working internationally
· Experience in SQL and Salesforce
· Excited by the idea of working in a fast-moving global environment
· A self-starter with a strong work ethic who can thrive in a remote work environment
· A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
· A strong sense of ownership and timeliness
· Proactive collaborator, willing to propose solutions and ideas based on expertise, debate their merits and make final recommendations
· Self-reflective and open to receiving and giving frequent feedback
· Ability to comfortably navigate new technologies
· Strong organizational and communication skills
Browse the latest remote jobs open to EMEA time zones