Cartesi is taking smart contracts to the next level. It is solving the urgent problem of scalability and high fees by implementing a variant of optimistic roll-ups. Most notably, it is revolutionizing smart contract programming by allowing developers to code with mainstream software stacks. Noether is Cartesi’s side-chain that’s optimized for ephemeral data, providing low-cost data availability to DApps.
Cartesi is an energetic remote team located globally around the world. We are looking to hire awesome people that will help achieve our vision of making the development and use of blockchain applications as close as possible to their centralized counterparts.
Cartesi is looking to add a Strategy and Business Development Analyst to our team!
The ideal candidate is an innovative thinker, fast learner and with basic knowledge on Blockchain technology and industry. The analyst will be collaborating with our Head of Expansion, Vinicius, as well with the Business development group, in Cartesi’s mission to make Blockchain more accessible and making the impossible possible!
We want to work with someone who has a positive attitude and understands the value of teamwork and building relationships. We are a small yet tight team who constantly communicates, discusses, and supports each other.
Here’s what your normal day in Cartesi will look like:
- Support on managing existing partnerships with organized plans.
- Support on researching, proposing, and executing on mergers & acquisitions.
- Staying up to date in an ever-changing market through competition and market analysis.
- Support on elaborating and monitoring strategic and business plans.
- Business Development portfolio management.
- Performing market analysis: opportunities and competitors.
- Evaluating market trends and technology.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following:
- 1-3 years of experience in Strategy and Business Development. Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience in Blockchain industry.
- Passion, drive, and a desire to learn new things quickly.
- Ability to take initiative and execute on proposed plans immediately.
- Confidence in handling Strategy and BD initiatives by yourself (with some guidance).
- Great negotiation skills.
- Attention to detail with good organization practices.
- Excellent English communication skills (written and spoken).
Nice to haves:
- Passion and interest in the blockchain industry.
- Remote working and start-up experience.
What fun and exciting perks will you get while working with Cartesi?
- 💵Competitive salary. We do not use remote working as an excuse to offer a great salary to the right talent. For this role, the salary range is US$35-70K per year, depending on experience. We also offer token equity to all our full-time contractors.
- 🛠Potential to be a big part of the project as it develops and have the chance to own your work and contribute to Cartesi’s vision and ideas.
- ⏲Flexible work hours and fully-remote location. For us, talent is based on skills and attitude, not on where you are based.
- 🤿Flexible Paid Time-Off. We encourage those working with us to recharge their batteries when needed.
- 🖥Hardware, home office, learning and certification, health insurance, physical and mental wellness subsidies.
- 🚀The chance to experience a start-up environment and be a part of a supportive, friendly, and enthusiastic team with a modern and inclusive culture. We love to have fun and we really care about what we are building!
The Hiring Process
Please send us your CV and a Cover Letter that reflects about yourself, why you love blockchain, and why you are interested in what we’re building at Cartesi.
Have any questions? Send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is the hiring process that you can expect:
- Shortlisting of candidates this September 2021.
- Chosen candidates will be invited for a short interview with the HR.
- A more in-depth call with the Head of Expansion and/or the Head of Business.
- Final offer with the successful applicant.
We are planning to hire for this role by September or October 2021.
Our Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
We at Cartesi are deeply committed to equal employment opportunities, especially in the power of diverse and inclusive teams. Because we celebrate diversity, we actively search and hire the best talents around the world regardless of their gender, race, age, religion, sexual orientation, or place of origin.
We invite everyone to send their application even if you don’t check 100% of the requirements presented. If we are not your cup of tea, please feel free to share this opportunity to someone else who might be interested. We highly appreciate it!