Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
Creatives at ConsenSys make work that moves the crypto industry forward, spreading our leading-edge products far and wide into the world and pushing for the adoption of Web3 technology. We’re an ambitious team, using our unique point of view to create work that infiltrates crypto culture, influences mindsets, and prizes ourselves on being defiantly optimistic.
What you’ll do
We seek a skilled full-stack web developer to join our team and work on multiple websites across our dev and direct business units. As part of our growth, we aim to create outstanding digital experiences for our Web3 technical and non-technical audiences. As a full-stack developer, you will be responsible for designing and developing websites’ front-end and back-end, ensuring they are responsive, user-friendly, and visually appealing.
- Collaborating with project managers and designers to bring projects to completion
- Deliver a range of development projects including websites, content management systems, web apps, digital communications, integrations and bespoke product builds
- Translating high-fidelity designs into fully responsive websites with a focus on user experience
- Build and maintain websites by writing code, designing pages and widgets and incorporating graphics and video elements (Contentful, WordPress and Netlify)
- Responsible for Customer workflow and user journeys
- Problem solve and fix bugs as discovered/reported.
- Review projects/deployments and learn lessons to improve future performance.
- Stay up to date with software development trends and technological advancements. Learn and test new technologies, frameworks and languages as relevant.
- Work with Quality Assurance to validate builds ready for launch
- Maintain websites by checking for errors, broken links and security breaches
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field
- 6+ years proven track record in a web development or webmaster role
- Knowledge of PHP, MySQL ,Node JS and AWS
- Figma to code experience
- Experience of frontend frameworks and libraries, in particular React.js.
- Knowledge and experience working with accessibility standards such as Web Accessibility Content Guidelines
- Experience of UX principles, responsive design, grid frameworks and mapping out user journeys.
- Up to date knowledge of technical SEO best practices
- Hands-on experience with Frontend Performance Optimization
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to work in a team
- Ability to manage complex tasks and meet deadlines
- Good attention to detail and a logical approach to problem solving
- Comfortable working within an Agile environment
- Passionate about creating beautiful, engaging, intuitive, efficient, and highly usable websites.
- Experience working with the backend DevOps website deployment technologies.
Bonus Points for:
- A deep understanding of blockchain technology and Ethereum Ecosystem
- Experience working for a blockchain or cryptocurrency organization
Don’t check all of the boxes? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans, and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Don’t meet all the requirements? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $USD 80,000 – 160,000
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills.