Location: Remote – must be willing to work 4 hours/day overlap with America’s Central Time Zone
We’re looking for a creative, strategically-minded writer to join Zapier’s Content Marketing team. As a Sr. Writer focused on brand writing, you’ll supply critical thinking, strategic alignment, and creative feedback. You’ll work to further solidify Zapier’s position as the leading automation solution while boosting conversions and brand perception.
If you want to advance your career at a fast-growing, profitable, impact-driven company, read on…
Our Commitment to Applicants
Culture and Values at Zapier
Zapier Guide to Remote Work
Zapier Code of Conduct
Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
- You are an experienced writer. You have 5+ years of copywriting or editorial experience.
- You live and breathe brand voice and tone. You understand how to use the levers of voice and tone to meet an audience where they are.
- Your favorite book is your brand style guide. Ok, maybe not, but it’s one of your most-referenced resources. You know that consistency is key, have a deep understanding of AP Style, and can catch when style rules aren’t being followed. You know how to develop content frameworks that fit within brand guidelines and can live as part of a design system.
- You have experience copywriting a successful ad campaign or product launch. You enjoy working with designers and marketing partners to create differentiated, simple, high-quality ways to reach audiences.
- You have a fresh, original voice that keeps readers engaged. You know how to write in a way that differentiates a brand and turns the heads of our audience.
- When writing and editing, you know what to cut. You’re a relentless self-editor and can distill a message to its simplest and clearest form.
- You make complex things easy to understand. You enjoy presenting information in ways that provide “aha moments” for customers. You strike down jargon wherever you find it.
- You are scrappy. When something needs to be done, you default to action.
- You collaborate with the best of them. You work well with engineers, strategists, marketers, designers, and executives.
- You value diplomacy. You have the ability to gracefully hear and strategically interpret feedback about your writing.
- You’re a storyteller at heart. You draw threads together from leadership, marketing, PR, content, product, and Zapier history to establish a story framework that is consistent across all channels.
Things You Might Do:
- Translate product positioning from Product Marketing and brand positioning from Brand Marketing into cohesive, accurate, on-brand messaging and copy for the marketing website, product launches, advertising, and events promotion.
- Continuously draft website copy for updates and experiments, relentlessly optimizing the experience and driving conversions and activations.
- Partner with the Advertising team to deliver compelling copy for prospecting, direct response, and brand advertising initiatives across all touchpoints.
- Drive the copy for Zapier’s annual user conference, ZapConnect, writing compelling copy for the web, emails, promotions and print that inspires registration and attendance and improves brand perception.
- Strategically align Zapier’s brand voice to map to our customer experience, providing clarity, consistency, and making our audience feel seen.
- Draft and give direction on copy or scripts for advertising, primary web pages, landing pages, events, campaigns, emails, blogs, and more.
- Give, seek, and receive thoughtful critical feedback. You’ll help others become better writers and become a better writer yourself.
Zapier Compensation Guiding Principles
We believe all Zapiens should be rewarded competitively and equitably, using practices that are simple and transparent. This philosophy ensures we’re able to find, grow, and retain exceptional people from a broad range of backgrounds. Here’s how we define our compensation principles:
- Competitive: Zapier pays well among the technology sector.
- Equitable: Consistent pay practices; competency-based pay.
- Simple: Pay is well understood, and pay practices are built for scale.
- Transparent: Zapiens know how pay works, including how their pay is determined.
The pay ranges for this role are:
USA: 94,500-141,700 USD
Canada: 94,500-141,700 CAD
UK: 49,000-73,600 GBP
Spain: 56,400-84,600 EUR
Ireland: 56,400-84,600 EUR
Australia: 103,900-155,900 AUD
New Zealand: 103,900-155,900 NZD
A Candidate’s compensation package is finalized once the interview process is concluded and accounts for experience, competencies (job knowledge, skills and abilities) and internal equity. We use a competency-based approach to base pay, which means we set pay for all Zapier employees based on their competency and skills demonstrated in their role. In alignment with that philosophy, the upper half of a pay range is typically reserved for individuals who have consistently demonstrated a high level of job knowledge and skills for their current role and level while at Zapier.
For more information on Zapier’s Total Rewards please click here.
How to Apply
At Zapier, we believe that diverse perspectives and experiences make us better, which is why we have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We’re looking for the best fit for each of our roles, regardless of the type of education or companies in your background, so we encourage you to apply even if your skills and experiences don’t exactly match the job description. All we ask is that you answer a few in-depth questions in our application that would typically be asked at the start of an interview process. This helps speed things up by letting us get to know you and your skillset a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to never go more than seven days without letting you know the status of your application. We know we’ll make mistakes from time to time, so if you ever have questions about where you stand or about the process, just ask your recruiter!
Zapier is an equal-opportunity employer and we’re excited to work with talented and empathetic people of all identities. Zapier does not discriminate based on someone’s identity in any aspect of hiring or employment as required by law and in line with our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base. Zapier will consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities and will work to provide reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Even though we’re an all-remote company, we still need to be thoughtful about where we have Zapiens working. Check out this resource for a list of countries where we currently cannot have Zapiens permanently working.