About the role
There are quite a few things that go into making our entire support team a well oiled machine. Workforce Planning is one area that plays a significant part in the success of our support team and due to continued growth we are looking for an expert Workforce Planning Lead to join our team.
Reporting into one of the Senior Leads of Workforce Planning, you will be responsible for overseeing scheduling for a significant portion of Support. You’ll also be working closely with the other Workforce Planning leads to ensure we deliver success in all disciplines, and in all areas around the world. This role is perfect for you if you like managing scheduling, long term planning, meeting with stakeholders, discussing options, and holding strong opinions loosely. Regular meetings with all levels of management will be your norm. Also, you really should enjoy jigsaw puzzles because this is a giant one on a global scale!
We want someone who can take a blank page and run with it. We are building for the future and you will have an amazing opportunity to contribute to how scheduling works within Shopify.
You will need to have an understanding of:
- Workforce Management Systems and methodologies
- Teleopti experience is strongly preferred
- How to tell a story, what happened and why?
- The complexities of future looking assumptions
- How to develop and motivate a team
- How to build and maintain schedules
- How to optimize the usage of resources
What you’ll be doing:
- Be the owner of scheduling for a significant portion of Support including both centralized and regionalized teams
- Be a subject matter expert representing the scheduling team on various projects
- Track, analyze, report, and communicate on team and individual performance through varying data sources
- Consistently review schedules and communicate changes and improvements to key stakeholders
- Present solutions that maximize budget and use of resources
- Offer strategies for dealing with planned and unplanned team shrinkage
- Analyze and report on trends affecting the load, capacity and effectiveness of the schedules
- Work with Support Team Leads on trends and their impacts to the schedule, or the schedule’s performance
- Attend and/or lead daily/weekly meetings on the topics of: staffing review, forecast and scheduling analytics, performance – forecasted and actual, efficiency, load and capacity, risk identification and more
- Maintain a healthy work/life balance
- Experience in a similar role with a team in excess of 500 people, ideally globally spanning many time zones in a contact or support centre environment.
- Solid understanding of BPO environments and complexities of balancing internal and external influences
- Creative strategies for interpreting and finding solutions to peaks and valleys of support load throughout the day.
- A keen eye towards identifying risk. You’re able to see when there are factors that will likely cause a dip in service excellence.
- Extreme effectiveness working on a team. While some responsibilities may be siloed only for the sake of getting shit done, we all work together in the name of helping out Shopify merchants.
- Advanced Google Sheets/Excel knowledge is a must. Big formulas should not frighten you.
- Comfort working independently while maintaining a strong sense of awareness for when to seek input or critical feedback from others.
- A strong sense of urgency around your work, investment in the team, the company and Shopify merchants, and the ability to hold yourself accountable to the highest standard of excellence.
- Strongly preferred: Experience with flexible scheduling options including supporting a “Gig economy” model
If you are excited about this opportunity, click on “Apply” and be sure to include in your cover letter why you feel this is the perfect role for you at this time.
Closing Date: February 26, 2021 12am EST (5am GMT)
Location: Open to all regions in the Republic Ireland and some additional regions in Europe.