At Canva, we create tools that empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform! Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 10 million active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 1 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are capable of!
About the team
The unique position you’re in coming into is as a Community Programs manager within that you will be in two teams; the Templates Team and the Marketing Team. Our Templates Team ensures that Canva realises its goal to empower our users and keep them engaged by creating high quality templates, and the Marketing team helps steer the direction towards our global growth.
We are entering an exciting new phase for our Canva Marketplace, specifically template creation where we will enable designers, educators/teachers and NFPs to publish their own templates for the Canva community to use.
Our main three goals this season is:
Continue to keep our current Creator Community engaged as we scale from 350 to 1500 Creators in 3 months
Grow our template library from 12% non-en templates, to 40% bespoke non-en templates.
Support our Educators/Teachers in creating templates and becoming successful Creators
We need someone who understands the true nature of Community and what it takes to generate a sense of belonging between Canva creators and the marketplace that supports them.
You are quick on your feet, patient, and community focused. You are great with meeting and building connections with numerous stakeholders. You have an appreciation for good design and have ideas for valuable content in Spain.
You are incredibly tech and social-media-savvy, comfortable navigating around current and upcoming social media tools, and have the creative abilities to turn ideas into reality. You are driven and passionate about marketplaces, platforms, user engagement, and providing people with a positive and exciting program experience.
Last but not least, you are resourceful and a go-getter – you are comfortable with taking the initiative to surprise and delight our design community.
What you’ll be doing
- Source, contact and liaise with creators and prospective creators to maximise Spain Canva creator engagement
- Gather feedback and liaise with the Creators Community Programs Manager Lead at HQ to build the next iterations for Canva creators to ensure enthusiasm grows
- Be responsible for end to end success of Spain Creators Community, incl. Supporting Community in identifying what is needed for your community in their locale, localising the tone and empowering your community to have their own flare and resonating with the community.
- Create relevant content and resources to support the Community’s template production
- Create Weekly Newsletters of helpful content that inspires and motivates your community
- Work to cultivate a sense of community amongst creators, building a strong and passionate network of advocates for Canva creators, building the foundation for exponential growth in the future
- Escalate customer issues that are problematic, particularly with early adopters to the engagement team. Ensure that the loop is closed between the creators and the Canva team.
- Pull together a strategy for how we will “Pull Creators up the commitment curve” in Spain and motivate them (financially and otherwise) to contribute more as a Canva creator
- Understand and build relationships with your community through 1:1s, surveys, webinars and social meetups (virtual due to COVID).
- Liaise and support with other Canva Community Programs in the Spain community
Who you’ll be
- You love seeing beautiful things come to life
- You enjoy sharing feedback with designers to see their work optimised to be part of the Canva library
- You have a strong eye for design, a personable approach to prospecting and a detail-oriented way of tracking the completion of tasks
- You are familiar with creative sites where you could source designers
- You’ve had significant experience in managing projects with multiple people, tracking milestones and dates.
- You’ve managed, boosted and increased user-engagement for a platform many times before from idea to strategy to execution!
- Bonus points for applicants who have used analytics-based approaches to build engagement
- You have a flair for conversational content writing and a critical eye for both the overall copy structure and grammatical details.
- You’re a natural problem-solver and have the ability to resolve problems with a sense of urgency to make others feel that the concerns they have are valid.
- You have the ability to step into other people’s shoes and understand their underlying concerns and issues.
- You have experience liaising between customers and technical teams to funnel feedback and resolve critical issues.
Browse all the latest remote jobs in Spain on EU Remote Jobs