Join our team either remotely or in our HQ in Amsterdam. This role can be based in any location within the EMEA region.
We’re proud (and excited!) to be transforming the global communications landscape through our Omnichannel Platform-as-a-Service (OPaaS). Our cloud communications solutions make it possible for over 25,000 businesses to instantly connect with billions of devices worldwide, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, we operate across 10 international hubs and we’re proud to be a “Work Anywhere” company. Our unique and united culture is rooted in our team: a diverse flock of over 700 Birds who represent 55 nationalities and counting. We’re smart, fast, and hungry, and our potential for growth is limitless.
How we work
We work fast, grow fast, and build fast. Life at MessageBird moves in fast-forward motion. We’re a team that focuses on making an impact — right from day one. We are go-getters, industry leaders, and dreamers. Risk takers. Roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people. We thrive on transparency, and we value solution-minded attitudes.
We are all driven by one ethos: Get Shit Done. We love shaping things together and leveraging different perspectives, because that makes our products better. Our Birds are empowered with freedom and opportunity; in return, we expect honesty, courage, and agility. We own our work, and sometimes we fail. And then we get back up and cross the finish line — together as a team. Sound refreshing? We think so, too.
The role: Solutions Engineer – Southern Europe (Spanish Speaking)
As a Solutions Engineer, you will work hand-in-hand with the Solutions and Business Development teams to introduce MessageBird to our customers. You will be the trusted solutions advisor for our customers by creating solutions which fit perfectly into their tech stack.
Exceptional customer experience in the CPaaS industry is what we pride ourselves on. This is reflected in our solutions offerings and Post-sales support. As a MessageBird Solutions Engineer, you will own a part of that exceptional customer experience.
Reporting to the Head of Sales Engineering, you will work in close partnership with Product Management, Sales and our Technology teams.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with Solutions Leaders, Business Development and Product teams to deliver Enterprise CPaaS pilots.
- Create bespoke platform demos using MessageBirds API suite, HTML, NodeJS, PHP, Python, Go.
- Clearly articulate customer needs and prescribe industry-leading CPaaS solutions.
- Travel to all appropriate Sales, Product meetings, Trade shows and Conferences.
- Organise and lead product-related webinars and training sessions.
- Support key customers during Onboarding and Post sale stages.
What you’ll bring
- Full (professional proficiency) in English and Spanish, both verbally and written
- 4 + years demonstrated success in a client-facing consultative technical role
- Proven track record of software development projects using (HTML, NodeJS, PHP, Python, Go) and excellent documentation.
- Strong understanding of the sales process, strategies, and solution selling
- Highly communicative and team-oriented.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge of the CPaaS industry is desirable to have
- Familiar with CLI tools, specifically: awk, sed, grep, find, tail, head, curl.
- Bit of experience in developing applications using platform-as-a-service SDKs and APIs
Psst… some added perks
- The ability to Work Anywhere — literally anywhere you want, as long as it’s in the same time zone as your team (yup… you read that right!). This comes with the added benefit of finding the right work-life balance for you by following our 80/20 rule.
- WFH office set-up allowance to make sure you have all you need to “get shit done” in an ergonomically-friendly manner.
- Top-notch work equipment (including active noise-cancelling headphones!).
- MessageBird swag to keep you well-dressed.
- The occasional (virtual) company-wide and team events.
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from more than 50 countries!
If you think you’re a match for this role and can bring some great skills to the MessageBird team, please apply! We’re excited to get to know you.