Always open. Our code, our culture, our opportunities. Leading open innovation without limits. We are SUSE.
SUSE is a global leader in innovative, reliable and secure enterprise open source solutions, including SUSE Linux Enterprise (SLE), Rancher and NeuVector. More than 60% of the Fortune 500 rely on SUSE to power their mission-critical workloads, enabling them to innovate everywhere – from the data center to the cloud, to the edge and beyond. SUSE puts the “open” back in open source, collaborating with partners and communities to give customers the agility to tackle innovation challenges today and the freedom to evolve their strategy and solutions tomorrow.
We are open in our roots and open in our approach, striving to be the most trusted open innovator in the World. Openness extends beyond our technology. Our vibrant community thrives on diversity and connectivity without borders.
Social Media Specialist (remote)
This is an exciting opportunity to join SUSE’s growing social media team!
The Social Media Specialist is intrinsic to the success of sharing SUSE’s stories and working with the wider business to create compelling content.
This position offers progression in an innovative and rapidly growing tech sector and above all else, this is a fun role. You’ll have the opportunity to add huge value to SUSE whilst humanizing our brand in how we show up on both owned and customer/partner social media profiles.
This global role would suit a proactive communications storyteller with experience in social media and campaign development. This role is perfect for a junior communications/marketing professional, who is looking to broaden their digital marketing/content marketing skills, in an in-house setting, whilst still getting stuck into content creation and creative campaign development.
The Social Media Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day management of SUSE’s global social media channels and driving engagement of SUSE employees through our social media advocacy board. They will also oversee amplifying the stories of our employees, customers, partners and community by creating meaningful, humanizing campaigns that demonstrate who SUSE is beyond a corporate voice.
- Create content to drive engagement on SUSE’s social media channels and increase awareness of SUSE as a thought leader
- Partner with internal stakeholders , including integrated communications and marketing teams to ensure SUSE has a consistent social media presence globally.
- Manage the content calendar and ensure that the SUSE social media channels are up to date
- Experience with social media platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram with a keen understanding of how each should be uniquely leveraged to drive engagement and meet overall objectives
- Create compelling social content for SUSE executives including SUSE’s CEO
- Research industry trends and news to amplify on SUSE executive social media channels
- Provide timely support and content to key areas of the business to amplify additional messages
- Manage the employee advocacy program and provide SUSE employees with compelling content to share with their networks
- Report on channel engagement and performance and analyze how data is tracking against objectives
- Be subject matter expert on social media including new features, platforms and opportunities for the company
- Host regular trainings for SUSE employees with emphasis on sales to educate on social media best practices
- Review employee social media requests for content and create content accordingly
- Monitor for any conversations related to SUSE and address accordingly
Required skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Media, Marketing, Communications or related field
- Proven experience working in similar B2B role; experience in marketing or communication functions will be considered
- Hands-on experience with various social media channels (LinkedIn, X, Instagram, Facebook)
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English
- Strong copywriting skills
- Exposure to tech/IT environment is highly desirable
- You get things done and have a bias towards action.
- You are a team player with strong stakeholder management skills.
- You are creative and enjoy finding new ways of doing something.
What We Offer
We empower you to be bold, driving your career to create the future you want. We celebrate and reward your achievements.
SUSE is a dynamic environment that is evolving rapidly, thus requiring agility, strong entrepreneurship and an open mind.
This is a compelling opportunity for the right person to join us as we continue to scale and prosper.
If you’re a big thinker, obsessed by execution and thrive in a dynamic environment in which you can tangibly create a lasting legacy, then please apply now!
We give you the freedom to be yourself. You will work in a global community of unique individuals – like you – with different backgrounds, talents, skills and perspectives. A truly open community where everyone is welcome, has a voice and is encouraged to reach their full potential regardless of age, gender, race, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion, or any other characteristics.
Sounds like the right fit for you? Click Apply to submit your resume. A recruiter will contact you if your skills match our current or any future positions. In the meantime, stay updated on the latest SUSE news and job vacancies by joining our Talent Community.
- We are passionate about customers
- We are respectful and inclusive
- We are empowered and accountable
- We are trustworthy and act with integrity
- We are collaborative
- We are SUSE!