If you want to have a massive impact on the lives of millions and give freelancers and online creators the work & life they deserve, then this is the right place for you.
You will be joining a rapidly growing company who will provide a challenging and rewarding role with excellent career opportunities. We don’t have managers that manage managers, we have a flat hierarchy with clear lines of communication as we recognize that everyone has a key part to play in the success of the business.
Our success depends on our ability to build world-class products & technology together. As much as we enjoy spending time together, Willa is set up as a distributed team.
Location: Europe, you can work either as employee or as a contractor/consultant
The role 🧑🚀
As a Senior UX/Product Designer at Willa, you will take ownership of solving UX challenges (big and small). You will also play a key part in evolving our service into a world class experience and industry leader.
You will be expected to:
- Understand who the user is, their problems and needs
- Explore and conceptualise solutions that are efficient, doable and engaging
- Work as part of our agile team to take the solution from idea to completion
What you’ll do 🧑💻
- User research – qualitative and quantitative in collaboration with our data analyst
- Kill a lot of darlings
- Draw wiggly sketched and come up with fun UX ideas
- Co/Pair design a lot. With designers and developers
- Be a positive gust of change and improvement. Make sure things are moving along. Make sure everyone involved understands why they’re doing what they’re doing
- Present ideas and results
- Tools you’re likely to operate daily: Figma, Google Sheets, Intercom, Slack, Tandem
Who are you? 🙋
- 5< years of relevant experience
- Experience from building digital products/services that users love
- Extensive experience building mobile experiences
- Love of the hands-on stuff. Capable even without anyone to delegate to
- A story telling mindset
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment where Left today may be Right tomorrow
- Superb communication skills and a strong grasp of the English language.
- A flexible mind. One that doesn’t tilt when jumping between a mobile app, website, PDFs, Text messages, Emails, Thank you cards, debit cards… all in the span of a week.
Nice to have 🌟
- Experience from the gaming industry
- Experience as freelancer
Please submit your application in English as soon as possible and don’t forget to add your portfolio.
If you are passionate about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work 😊.
The Willa Values:
At Willa we work hard to foster an environment where we can collaborate, value the different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives and abilities of every individual. We hire those we know can add value to the success of Willa 🤩.
Willa is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
In reality that means;
Be yourself. 🤩 We like games, but we don’t play games. We want you because of your skills, your traits, and your quirks. We try, we fail, we conquer, and we admit mistakes.
Be empathic. ❤️ We treat ourselves and our community with respect and an open heart. We treat all people equally, and we are respectful.
Be reliable. 🤝 We take responsibility for our actions and hold others accountable for theirs. We are not afraid of taking risks, and we speak our minds.
Please, add chili flakes. 🌶 Changing the world requires something different. Different ways of thinking. Different ways of behaving. A different team.