Kalepa is a rapidly growing, well-financed Series A start-up re-imagining the trillion-dollar commercial insurance industry. Our cross-functional teams leverage AI, cutting-edge tech and tons of data to deliver the right insurance coverage at the right price for every business. We call this Efficient Frontier insurance. It’s the way insurance should work.
Kalepa is seeking an experienced Technical Recruiter with 3+ years of experience to lead the rapid growth of our world-class team. We are a NYC-based startup with a bold mission of transforming the way businesses access insurance through cutting edge, AI-powered, software.
You will play an instrumental role in building our talent pipeline and shaping our team as we rapidly scale our business. You will own the full lifecycle for recruiting, primarily for engineering roles, ensuring an excellent interview experience for all candidates. You will work to improve our existing hiring processes and proactively establish new ones as our hiring needs evolve. You will utilize data and ongoing feedback to improve our approach and achieve superior outcomes.
Kalepa’s team members bring experience from top technology, insurance, and intelligence institutions including Facebook, Google, Amazon, Uber, Doordash, Mastercard, Chubb, AIG, Zurich, Everest Insurance, Willis Towers Watson, MIT, Berkeley, UPenn, the University of Warsaw, and the Israel Defense Forces.
Kalepa is backed by IA Ventures (early investors in Datadog, Wise, Better, Digital Ocean, TheTradeDesk, Flatiron Health, Komodo Health, etc.), Former US Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker’s Inspired Capital, and leaders in financial services and technology including Gokul Rajaram from Doordash, Coinbase, and Square, Jackie Reses from Square, Affirm, and Alibaba, and Henry Ward from Carta.
- You love to hustle: finding ways to get things done, destroying obstacles, and never taking no for an answer. The words “it can’t be done” don’t exist in your vocabulary.
- At least 3+ years of experience of full lifecycle recruiting of engineers across different specialties and seniority levels (Full Stack, Backend, Machine Learning Engineers, Engineering Managers).
- Experience at a rapidly growing startup as an in-house recruiter
- Ability to articulate high-level technical concepts with candidates.
- Negotiation and closing skills.
- You value open, frank, and respectful communication.
- At least C1 English
As a plus:
- Experience recruiting for other related roles such as product managers and designers.
- Experience in building an engineering brand and community.
What you will get:
- Competitive salary.
- Significant equity options package.
- Work with an ambitious, smart, global, and fun team to transform a $1T global industry.
- Ground floor opportunity – very early member of Kalepa’s talent team
- 20 days of PTO a year.
- Remote and global-friendly culture. We have team members across the US, Europe, and Asia and regularly do offsites at different international locations.