Who we are
folk is a collaborative SaaS tool to centralize, organize and activate contacts. We’re taking inspiration from the new wave of productivity tools like Superhuman, Figma, Notion and Airtable, to reinvent the way contacts are managed.
We want to become the reference both for individuals looking for a personal CRM as for large teams whose job revolves around managing contacts (candidates for HR, leads and clients for salespeople, journalists for PR, and many more)
Created within eFounders in 2020, we’ve raised a seed round with Accel and angels from forward-thinking companies (Notion, Intercom, Figma, Dropbox, Stripe, Google, etc.), and we’re about to launch the first version of our product.
Check out our Product demo
Are you up for this challenge?
We believe infrastructure is the foundation of our product. As we’re getting closer to reaching the product-market fit, we’re looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our remote team and prepare our infrastructure for hyper-growth.
The role of our future SRE is to:
- build a scalable infrastructure allowing us to grow 100x
- suggest and implement infrastructure updates to improve the product’s reliability, security and performance.
- collaborate with the tech team to improve efficiency and value delivery by implementing the necessary tools (monitoring, alerting, debugging) and removing bottlenecks in the software architecture
- enable product development team to monitor errors and performance. Our objective is to maintain an uptime of 99.9% on folk’s product (along with an APDEX > 0.95)
- define and implement a security policy, as well as finops and cloud strategies
This role is the opportunity to join folk early stage and have a tremendous impact by helping us answer: “What should we do in terms of performance, security and reliability to grow 100x times?”
- Frontend: React, Apollo Client / In-Memory Cache, TypeScript
- Backend: NodeJS, TypeScript, Rest API, GraphQL, NestJS, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Infrastructure: AWS ECS, SQS, Lambda, Aurora, OpenSearch, CDN, S3, CDK, …
- Data: Python, SQL, AWS Kinesis, AWS Firehose, AWS S3, AWS Glue (Crawler et Spark Job), AWS Athena, FastAPI, Celery, Airflow
- CI: Gitlab-CI
- Monitoring and alerting: Datadog, Sentry
You’ll be valued for:
- your past experience working in the infra team of a company during its hyper-growth phase
- your ability to build highly scalable infrastructure (100x)
- your extensive experience working with AWS techno stack
- your ability to define an optimized security policy, as well as cost and cloud strategies
- your proactiveness spirit as you’re not afraid of taking initiative and measured risks
- your team player attitude as you’re eager to provide feedback and to receive them as learning opportunities
- your fluency in English (written and spoken).
What are we looking for?
- an overview of your background (either a resume or a Linkedin profile)
- a short note to tell us why we’re a great fit for each other and how you envision your future @folk
We’ll review your application and we”ll get back to you within a week. No matter what our decision is you will hear from us 🙃
Here’s our hiring process for this role:
- A 30min video call with Morgane – Talent Manager to make sure our expectations are aligned.
- A 30min video call with Jean-Yves – CTO to deep dive a little bit more into tech, to make sure you’re interested in our stack and product, and to check that your skillset fits for the job.
- A tech call with Jean-Yves – CTO and one member from our engineering team:
- we explain what we do and how, show you a demo. You explain your skills and values. We see if it matches your expectations.
- we introduce you to the test. If we have time, we start working on it together. After that you can think about it until the test call.
- 1h test: we use the test as a base for discussion to figure out how it feels working together.
- A 30min video call with folk’s cofounders. It’s the perfect opportunity for you to ask anything about the company.
- (opt) 30 min coffee with team members to get a feel of the work atmosphere
Perks & Benefits
🌴 10 days off, in addition to the legal 25 days
🤩 folk-off, our quarterly events to gather the entire team
🛋️ Flexible remote policy
🖥️ A dedicated budget for remote setup, including the latest in Apple’s equipment
💸 A compensation package to value your expertise and responsibility: competitive salary and equity incentive (BSPCE)
😋 A Swile card that you can use for lunch