Piepacker is a social and low tech-friendly cloud gaming platform. It has been designed to be accessible to everyone: available directly from a web browser, it does not require a high-speed internet connection to provide a seamless multiplayer game experience. Piepacker is all about bringing people together through games, with a touch of childhood playfulness and creativity.
We are led by an experienced team of ex Facebook, Google, Twitter, Amazon, Docker, EA, King and other top tech companies. Piepacker is a YCombinator company and backed by top VC firms and LEGO Ventures.
We’re at the stage where we’re scaling our product department as one of our key units. This is an incredible opportunity to join a booming company in its growth phase. Driven by a strong inclusive culture, we welcome self starting, fast learning, talented people wishing to start and manage unique, and challenging projects where collaboration (internal and external) is everything.
We are looking for a talented Senior QA Engineer to join our growing Product team.
What you will be doing:
- We want Piepacker to be the best platform to share multiplayer, social gaming experiences — whether you’re a content creator or a gamer.
- As Senior QA Engineer you help implement this vision, and make social gaming as fast, fluid, beautiful, and delightful to use as it can be, by raising bugs and feedback, and ensuring that we hold ourselves to the highest standards.
- In this role, you’re expected to define a strategy for our QA team to scale, automate some of our tests and come up with ongoing improvements to make testing faster, better and stronger!
What we are looking for:
- The below list isn’t exhaustive. We also don’t expect candidates to have all of those—if you think you can be a great fit but fall a little short on one of those skills, we’d still love to see your application!
- 5-7 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer.
- Experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies and others.
- Experience with managing external QA partners.
- Basic experiences in development (JS/Python/or POO langages).
- Experience with software QA tools and processes.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Good time-management skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skill.
- Unlimited holiday leave (minimum 5 weeks).
- Monthly well-being allowance (mental well-being, sports, massage, etc.).
- Home office allowance.
- Fully remote & flexible working hours.
- Equal pay policy.
- Equal maternity and paternity leave (18 weeks).
- Maternity/Paternity subsidy of 3k euros.
- Stock option plan.
- Health insurance compensation a one-to-one basis, depending on geographical location & company’s policy.
- Additional benefits depending on the geographical location.
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: Entirely remote. The candidate must be based in Europe within +/- 2 hours of CET time zone.
We will be pleased to receive your application and wish you the best of luck.
Looking forward to (hopefully) meeting you and chatting about gaming :)!
At the heart of Piepacker’s mission is the creation of a new way to share games with friends and family: a free online place for gamers to play and hangout together, with video cameras, bringing back the golden era of multiplayer couch gaming. In a world of constraining internet connections and paid services, we think differently: we are building a free, “low-tech” friendly platform for everyone to jump in, directly from their browser. Our platform is social by design and packed with fun games curated by our community. We want to create new virtual social spaces that fundamentally diverge from today’s typical social networks, focusing a lot less on appearance and a lot more on experience. We are building a social gaming platform for all gamers who enjoy playing together.