Appsilon is an ambitious and fast-growing software house and consultancy specializing in decision support systems and machine learning with Fortune 500 clients across the globe. We are a unique company driven by a mission to improve our society and environment. Some examples of our #AI4good work include contributing to animal preservation in Gabon Parks, building COVID-19 dashboards, and improving data science tools for Doctors Without Borders.
We are a global leader in R and Shiny, which are used by companies of all sizes to build analytical applications. When companies run into difficult problems or want to initiate large-scale enterprise projects, they come to Appsilon.
Before you apply, please read our code of conduct.
As a Project Manager you will ensure that we help our clients be more efficient and make better business decisions.
When you join Appsilon as a Project Manager you are joining a company that will challenge you, force you to constantly learn, while consistently investing in your professional development. You are taking a role that will steer your career towards the top level of business expertise in highly technological fields of data science and machine learning.
Whether you’re a business analyst, a software engineer, a data scientist, a consultant, or an experienced product manager, working at Appsilon will be a challenging next step in your career.
This role will require a cross-functional self-starter who builds strong relationships with corporate technology divisions and shows problem-solving leadership. The role combines multiple responsibilities of a product owner, project leader, business analyst, and account manager.
To succeed in this role you will need to:
- Develop a deep understanding of the client’s needs, from both technical and business perspective
- Maximize the value that our clients get from working with Appsilon
- Inspire our tech team to feel responsible for the client’s success
- Build great business relationships with multiple stakeholders on the client-side
- Work cross-functionally with the Tech, Sales, and Growth Team
- Advise our clients on the project scope and project roadmap, define priorities, set the timeframes for sprints
- Revise agreements with the new clients
- Provide clients with clear inputs to WOs/POs that ensure client success while driving Appsilon’s business
- Collaborate with the Tech Team to secure their understanding of the project’s success criteria and availability for the project works
- Manage projects for corporate clients (Fortune 500) with 5-8 developers in a team
- Efficiently estimate work and spot risks in advance
- Boost team members productivity by improving methods of work, managing scope, asking right questions, contacting right persons together etc
- Effectively manage technical debt in your projects
- Improve the Tech Team ability to estimate work
- Keep project backlog up to date
- Defend project scope while keeping the clients satisfied with the results
- Liaise between the client and Tech Team throughout the project to ensure mutual satisfaction, client success, and drama-free delivery
- Upsell Appsilon services by building great relationships with the clients and gaining a thorough understanding of their needs
What’s in it for you:
- 12000-15000 PLN + VAT on B2B/monthly
- 26 days of paid holidays + an equivalent of public holidays in Poland, est. 11 days in 2021
- +5% of salary in Personal Development Budget to spend on activities that help you grow
- Remote work with flexible working hours adjusted to your time zone and family life.
- 4 paid days per year to be used for training/conferences, events, or workshop
- Private health care insurance (in Poland)
- Projects that have a real impact on the world. More on https://appsilon.com/ai-for-good
- Opportunity to work with the prestigious brands where you can see how data science is used
- An opportunity to work with high-profile Fortune 500 clients, including some of the world’s most important companies. Unlike other software consulting companies, which compete in the red ocean of software development, Appsilon offers scarcely available services, sought after by the largest organizations in the world.
- A smart and friendly English-speaking team with great, non-toxic company culture. Our team members have worked for Google, Microsoft, Bank of America; have earned PhDs and MScs from the best academic institutions worldwide.
What we expect:
- Broad understanding of technology (a generalist), able to provide high-level estimates, evaluate results, prioritize tasks in IT project and handle a substantive conversation with clients;
- Technical education
- 2 years of experience as project manager with portfolio of delivered technology projects
- Experience in Time & Material and Capped Time & Material projects
- Good understanding of technology tools, experience in working with Tech Leads
- Very good communication skills
- Focus on delivering value
- Excellent written and spoken English (minimum C1). Polish is NOT required;
- Good understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies;
- Able to understand business perspective and re-formulate clients problems into feasible and achievable solutions;
- Proactive in client-vendor relationships, comfortable negotiating and liaising with senior management;
- Alignment with the Appsilon values, core purpose, and the Code of Conduct.
What can you expect during the recruitment process?
- Screening call with Talent Manager
- Interview with Hiring Manager
- Culture Fit Interview