The Multiplayer Group (MPG) are 300 developers and data scientists, helping our clients and partners build 20+ AAA projects at any one time. We’re probably the most experienced multiplayer dev group in the world and we’re set up to help the games industry make games more easily, to deliver the highest quality, and become long-term partners.
We hire the best people, our talented team is spread across the globe. We’re remote-friendly and big on wellbeing, so if you love the sound of us, we’d love to hear from you!
Your mission is to lead a team of game developers within The Multiplayer Group, where our mission is to provide the expertise required for our partner game studios to develop and build their online games successfully.
As a Senior Project Manager at MPG, you will lead and grow one of the teams working on multiple games/projects which are truly ahead of their time. We are helping build a new genre of video games where you can have persistent worlds which can host a significantly larger number of players and AI elements than ever before.
Our Project Management team enables multiple projects to fulfil their potential and you will shape the team’s vision for its success, through career development, mentoring, coaching, performance management, hiring, and onboarding.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will support your team and contribute towards the launch of future hit games by supporting our projects with expertise and advice to implement the online game features they need to successfully launch.
- You will use your experience in leading teams to Develop and Support the talent within your team and help them grow.
- You will be responsible for driving initiatives by helping with resource planning and road mapping to priorities for customer impact.
- Manage the high-level relationship with the partners, and be the first point of escalation for the partners if needed.
- You will utilise your development knowledge and understanding of game development to help your team to solve complex development scenarios for various projects.
- Your communication skills will help and enable you to be at ease with the customers and help and guide them towards success.
- Participating in MPG’s hiring process to ensure that we are attracting and hiring exceptional talent.
- Aim for maximum team productivity, as a function of individual engagement, morale, impact, and growth, for everyone on our teams.
- In all endeavours, support and maintain MPG’s core values. Our strength and the key to our success is being a truly great place to work, and to do great work.
What we’ll need from you:
- Experience leading and growing teams of developers in Art, Design, and Engineering.
- Experience working in either a games environment or leading teams who work closely with external customers.
- A passion for developing, mentoring, and supporting people.
- Experience working with internal and external customers.
*Please note that prior games industry experience is preferred but by no means essential.
While we think the above experience could be important, we can’t predict the future and so we’re keen to hear from applicants that believe they have valuable experience. If you identify with the team & mission, but not all of the suggestions, then please still apply!