Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. That means we only need an image of your ID and a selfie to prove that you’re you. In doing so, we help millions of people connect to the services they need and love more easily, speedily and safely than ever before, whether it’s renting a car or opening a bank account. Our vision is to create an open world where identity is the key to access.
We’ve received over $200 million in funding from world-class tech investors including TPG Growth, Microsoft, Salesforce to back our vision. And we’re just getting started.
Onfido’s goal is to work together to promote and celebrate an inclusive and diverse community. Collectively, all Onfidoer’s are committed to creating an environment where everyone can be themselves and where differences are celebrated. We encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to come together and where neuro diversity is understood.
Why we think you’ll want to join us:
Universal Problem: You’ll be working on an urgent and current problem impacting virtually everyone on the internet: Identity.
Hot and Responsible Tech: You’ll be developing cutting edge proprietary on-device technology such as photo quality assessment, working directly with machine learning researchers and engineers.
Rapid Growth: Onfido is growing very fast. You’ll see your products being used by millions of users and get to re-invent our practices as the old ones inevitably break.
Focus and Autonomy: Product Management is represented at the highest levels at Onfido with our Chief Product Officer, Alex Valle. We have stable company goals and overall product strategy, while you’ll have a very high degree of autonomy to set the strategy for your own product area. Learn more about our product strategy review process.
Knowledgeable Peers and Experienced Leadership: Large, diverse, highly collaborative product team. Plenty of people to learn from, and work on problems together from different points of view. We dedicate specific time to hone our product management craft.
Commitment to Mental Health: We strive to create an open environment where mental health is supported, and people can bring their full selves to work. This is reflected in our values and benefits (including Sanctus mental health coaching). Learn more about why we signed the mental health pledge.
About the Role:
- Our mission is to allow businesses around the world to build the best consumer user flows connecting to the Onfido Identity platform, with an absolute focus on end-user experience. We are tackling a set of very unique B2B2C challenges.
- We are a geographically distributed and fully cross-functional team. Featuring software and test engineers, machine learning researchers, data analysts, operations and product management, spread across London, France and Lisbon. Read more about how we make this work.
- While our team owns the data capture experience, we collaborate closely with other product teams to craft an holistic product experience that is loved by both the businesses and the consumers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Immerse yourself in the world of our customers, talk to them, understand the context of our target use cases. You will lead discovery of identity and impersonation fraud problems worth solving through the Onfido technology.
- Become an expert in on-device, including mobile, technology, its latest developments and user trend.
- Join the other product managers in the SDK team in defining an exciting and market leading product strategy.
- Use your insights, industry knowledge and experience to create, maintain and evangelise the roadmap for your area.
- Define clear success metrics for your initiatives and measure their outcomes.
- Collaborate with UX researchers to uncover user needs and pain.
- Collaborate with Machine Learning Researchers and Engineers to understand how cutting-edge technology can be leveraged to solve real-life identity challenges.
- Collaborate with other Product Managers and Product Designers to execute on your strategy to achieve our ambitious product vision.
- Work with Product Marketing and Client Support to successfully launch new features
- Coordinate with Sales and Customer Success to communicate our vision and roadmap to our customers.
- Evolve and build a high performing product culture, as we rapidly scale and grow, contributing directly to our product management practices.
- You empathise deeply with customer problems, so you always feel a strong sense of urgency to solve them, and motivate others to solve them with you.
- You are user-centric, and you live and breath user experience
- You have strong communication skills and are as comfortable presenting to clients as you are in a workshop with your colleagues.
- You are a strong collaborator, thriving in an environment where multiple disciplines come together cross functionally to solve difficult and unique problems.
- You are comfortable with technology and have the ability to organise and communicate complexity in a simple way.
- You are data-minded. You deeply understand how your products work and get a kick out of customer research to drive discovery and ensure the right problems are identified along with the most fitting solutions.
- Product Management is something you can talk about for ages, but you also like other things like a sport, art or maybe you’re into gardening – you can talk about that other stuff for ages too.
What we’re hoping to see highlighted on your CV and application
- A strong understanding of online security, cyber, and fraud solutions is highly desirable.
- An established Product Manager with several major cycles of problem discovery, solution definition, launch and growth of software products, bonus points if you did this in a B2B context;
- Experience in asking customers the right questions, interpreting user research, analysing data, and leveraging those insights to define a product strategy;
- Experience of product delivery in within Agile cross functional development team;Experience in working on developer-facing products is highly desirable.Experience with mobile SDK development is a plus.
- Experience in working on Machine Learning based products or teams including a heavy component of technical Research and Development is a plus.
- Don’t tick all the boxes, but think you’d still be a good fit? Apply anyway and show us what you can do!
To be a great fit at Onfido, we look for individuals who share our values. We have over 35 nationalities in our growing team, making this an exciting and culturally enriching place to work. Check out the team and Life at Onfido!
Where you will be:
At Onfido, we have a distributed workforce.
For this role, you can work in any EU country where we have a legal entity. We have a hybrid model, and you can choose to work fully-remote, or come to our offices! We let all of our employees choose what’s best for them.