We Are Redefining How People Approach Their Health
ZOE is combining scientific research at a scale never before imagined and cutting-edge AI to improve the health of millions.
Created by the world’s top scientists, our personalized nutrition program is radically reimagining a fundamental human need – eating well for your own body. Currently available in the US and the UK, having generated a waitlist of over 300,000, ZOE is already helping tens of thousands of ZOE members adopt healthier habits and achieve their goals.
We are also the team behind the popular COVID Symptom Study, which played a critical role in the fight against COVID in the UK and has now expanded to become the ZOE Health Study (ZHS). ZHS uses the power of community science to conduct large-scale research from the comfort of contributors’ homes to understand health and prevent disease. Our collective work and expertise in biology, engineering, data science, and nutrition science has led to multiple breakthrough papers in leading scientific journals such as Nature Medicine, Science, The Lancet, and more.
A remote-first, well-funded startup, we are backed by founders, investors, and entrepreneurs who have built multi-billion dollar technology companies. We are always looking for innovative thinkers and doers to join our team on a thrilling mission to tackle epic health problems that span the globe. Together, we can improve human health and touch millions of lives.
We value inclusivity, transparency, ownership, open-mindedness and diversity. We are passionate about delivering great results and learning in the open. We want our teams to have the freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions, and the well-being of our teammates and the people around us is a top priority.
About the team
Our growing Product team is accountable for deliveing the most personalised experience for every member, ensuring our customers are able to achieve their health goals, and ultimately help improve the health of millions. Our PM’s work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including Technology, Design, Data Science, and Nutrition Science, to deliver solutions that empower our members get the most from the ZOE program.
About the role
As a Senior Product Manager at ZOE, you play a pivotal role in advancing our mission to improve human health. You’re responsible for driving the development and enhancement of our in-app products, contributing to the growth and success of ZOE.
What you’ll do…
- Going above and beyond to deliver impact for our members. Working within the group, you will be focused on the essence of the problem and doing everything needed to ensure your teams make considerable progress in solving our members’ problems and have a sizeable impact on the organisation.
- Driving world-class execution within your area. Setting the right cadence of delivering value to members, continuously improving the quality of the product, and diminishing risks to ensure high quality.
- Setting the success criteria for your Product team. Ensuring your teams set the right success criteria across the lifecycle of the product is key to moving fast, delivering real value to our members, and setting the right level of ambition.
- Leading to build the organisation and raising the bar: You will be mentoring both your team and the rest of the organisation to be customer-centric and thinking big. By connecting the dots you are able to paint a vision of what great looks like and define what the next frontier for the product is.
- Product Delivery: Drive the product development process, from ideation and design to testing, launch, and post-launch optimization while making sure it’s a collaborative team effort
- Data-Informed Decision Making: Use data and analytics to monitor product performance, identify areas for improvement, and make data-informed decisions to enhance user experience and drive business growth.
- Inspiring the organisation to think big and grow. You will champion bold ideas and push your team to think big beyond their level of comfort.
We think this role would be a great fit if you…
- Are experienced leading product teams working cross-functionally to deliver end-to-end value in high-risk, pioneering products.
- Have a proven track record of being pivotal as an individual contributor in the success of one or more products and businesses.
- Have expertise in user-centric, rapid product development research methods such as mixed methods user research, product validation, and other relevant methodologies for sizing and prioritising customer problems.
- Have a STEM background and academic and/or professional experience in using big data, machine learning, and AI to deliver customer-facing products and solutions.
- Are as comfortable getting hands-on as taking a step back and thinking strategically, proactively identifying issues and opportunities, and tackling them without being told to do so.
- Have intellectual curiosity & rigour.
These are the ideal skills, attributes, and experience we’re looking for in this role. Don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes, especially on the skills and experience front, we’re happy to upskill for the right candidate.
Life as a ZOEntist – what you can expect from us:
As well as industry-benchmarked compensation and all the hardware and software you need, we offer a thoughtfully-curated list of benefits. We expect this list to evolve as we continue supporting our team members’ long-term personal and professional growth, and their wellbeing.
Remote-first: Work flexibly – from home, our London office, or anywhere within the EU
Stock options: So you can share in our growth
Paid time off: 28 days paid leave (25 holiday days, plus 2 company-wide reset days, and 1 “life event” day)
Enhanced Parental Leave: On top of the statutory offering
Flexible private healthcare and life assurance options
Pension contribution: Pay monthly or top up – your choice.
Health and wellbeing: Like our Employee Assistance Program and Cycle to Work Scheme
Social, WFH, and Growth (L&D) budgets. Plus, multiple opportunities to connect, grow, and socialise
We’re all about equal opportunities
We know that a successful team is made up of diverse people, able to be their authentic selves. To continue growing our team in the best way, we believe that equal opportunities matter, so we encourage candidates from any underrepresented backgrounds to apply for this role. You can view our Equal Opportunities statement in full here.
A closer look at ZOE Think you’ve heard our name somewhere before? We were the team behind the COVID Symptom Study, which has since become the ZOE Health Study (ZHS). We use the power of community science to conduct large-scale research from the comfort of contributors’ own homes. Our collective work and expertise in biology, engineering, and data/nutrition science have led to multiple breakthrough papers in leading scientific journals such as Nature Medicine, Science, The Lancet, and more.
Seen ZOE in the media recently? Catch our co-founder Professor Tim Spector (one of the world’s most cited scientists) and our Chief Scientist Dr Sarah Berry on this BBC Panorama, and listen to CEO Jonathan Wolf unpack the latest in science and nutrition on our ZOE podcast.
Oh, and if you’re wondering why ZOE? It translates to “Life” in Greek, which we’re helping ZOE members enjoy to the fullest.