Docker is a remote first company with employees across Europe, APAC and the Americas that simplifies the lives of developers who are making world-changing apps. We raised our Series C funding in March 2022 for $105M at a $2.1B valuation. We continued to see exponential revenue growth last year. Join us for a whale of a ride!
Design at Docker is a fast-paced environment with lots of opportunity for those who are energized by designing for technical users. We have millions of users and are one of the most loved developer tools in our space. We are dedicated to delivering fantastic developer experiences and staying close to the developer community.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to work closely with Engineering and Product Management in experimenting, discovering, and launching new product features. Success in this role requires flexible thinking, a get-things-done attitude, and curiosity about developers and the quickly evolving developer landscape.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, product management, and company leaders to take products from concept to launch.
- Work closely with engineers to create strategic visions for developer tools and then deliver on those visions.
- Explore divergent concepts to solve developer pain points while understanding how to scope the solution to build iteratively towards your vision.
- Deliver detailed wireframes, user flows, functional specification documentation and other artifacts to agile development teams and refine as needed during project sprints.
- Understand our customers by leveraging qualitative and quantitative data and serve as their advocate when making design decisions.
- Champion the user’s perspective by running generative and evaluative user research studies in coordination with the User Research team.
- Prior experience leading design for complex use cases in cross-functional teams (Bonus: Experience working in developer tooling space and/or Saas enterprise software products or DevOps).
- Knowledge of variety of design methodologies and frameworks, and how to apply them in Agile methodology.
- You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to build user-centric product experiences.
- Portfolio demonstrates a strong, clean, elegant, and innovative design sense.
- Prior experience working as part of a larger Design organization with shared processes and tools.
What to expect in the first 30 days:
- Getting to know the product and connecting via 1:1 sessions with your team and others with whom you will interact frequently.
- Getting familiar with Docker’s products, tech, and history.
- Understand Docker product vision and how it relates to your team’s goals and objectives.
- Write a heuristic review of opportunities for improvement in the product.
What to expect in the first 90 days:
- Participate and lead user research sessions. Communicate findings with the Product, Design team, and developers in your team.
- Present your work and solicit feedback from the Design team, cross-functional team, and colleagues across the Docker org.
- Get involved in product roadmap development for your team.
- Work with the Design System team to refine the system as needed for your feature.
What to expect in the first year:
- Plan and facilitate collaborative activities and workshops for your team.
- Shape your team roadmap and vision in close collaboration with Product and engineering peers.
- Deliver finalized design artifacts to users going through all aspects of the Docker Design process from conception to completion. Iterating rapidly, presenting prototypes for feedback, and improving on the next iterations.
- Develop a deep understanding of our users and why they love Docker.
- Freedom & flexibility; fit your work around your life
- Home office setup; we want you comfortable while you work
- 16 weeks of paid Parental leave
- Technology stipend equivalent to $100 net/month
- PTO plan that encourages you to take time to do the things you enjoy
- Quarterly, company-wide hackathons
- Training stipend for conferences, courses and classes
- Equity; we are a growing start-up and want all employees to have a share in the success of the company
- Docker Swag
- Medical benefits, retirement and holidays vary by country
Docker embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.