We are looking for a seasoned Product Designer to join Wolt’s Courier mission!
As the international side of Doordash business, Wolt is active in 25 countries outside of the US and growing.
Together with functional and cross-functional partners, you’ll tackle highly impactful challenges to craft the most-loved platform for gig workers, empower local businesses with our robust logistical system. Ultimately, your efforts will connect consumers to everything they desire.
This role is perfect for a creative thinker who excels in turning ambiguous problems into tangible artifacts. As a design expert in creating delightful interaction design and visually stunning interface, you will inspire the organization through prototyping and storytelling to ensure the final work has maximized impact.
📍This role can be based in one of our tech hubs in Berlin, Stockholm, and Helsinki, or you can work remotely anywhere in Germany, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, and Estonia. Read more about our remote setup here.
Our humble expectations
We hope you’re excited about this opportunity because you:
- Are passionate about empowering gig workers and creating impact on millions of Wolt customers’ lives every day.
- Have high empathy for your audience and can anticipate user needs.
- Can concept on the fly and collaborate with anyone to get things done.
- Enjoy navigating complex, ambiguous problem spaces to strategically chart a path forward.
- Love crafting delightful, scalable solutions with ambitious design quality from end to end.
- Thrive in a fast-paced organizational environment.
We’re excited about you because
- You’ve been designing for 5+ years for a consumer or SaaS-related product, so you understand what it takes to create elegant, customer-oriented experiences within complex problem spaces.
- You are a versatile T-shaped designer who employs a full range of skills, and particularly thrive in crafting exceptional interaction design, visual design, and prototyping to turn insights into magical experiences at elevated standards.
- You are a strong communicator, comfortable working with stakeholders from operational to technical teams through your day-to-day interactions, storytelling, and communication design.
- You enjoy collaborating across different functions and can inspire teams towards action and empathy for the user, working towards a shared vision and embracing opportunities for improvement.
How we design
- We listen carefully. The better we understand our users’ problems the better our solutions can be. It’s important for us to know we are solving for real people and not just the loudest voice in the room.
- We love to collaborate. You’ll partner closely with product, engineering, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- We own the problem space. You’ll provide the thought leadership to inspire and develop the right design direction. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that live up to Wolt-grade and delight our users.
- We begin with magic and work backwards. Imagine the way forward. You’ll establish a vision of the product area first, then work backward to make every step of the way a feasible reality with your team.
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so feel free to apply as soon as you feel like hearing more about the position and potentially joining Wolt! Please kindly make sure to include your portfolio with your application.
The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and equity. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you’ll own a piece of the pie.
If you want to check up on your application or have any further questions about the position, you can turn to Talent Acquisition Partner Elisa Haikala (firstname.lastname@example.org) at any given time.