Our mission is to provide essential tools to help small businesses get off the ground and grow.
To help our customers succeed, we’ve built a social media management platform that brings together simple and intuitive , , and tools all in one place. We’ve recently begun to expand outside of social media as well with .
To help our customers succeed, we’ve built a social media management platform that brings together simple and intuitive , , and tools all in one place. In addition, this year we’ve expanded outside of social media to all of organic marketing, starting with a digital presence including SEO by adding and support for . Our next major product bet is to help marketers, creators and ambitious individuals with their content needs to succeed in organic marketing.
Buffer is also a leader in the future of work movement. We continue to champion to improve pay equity; we’re sharing everything we know about so others can do the same; and most recently we’ve led the charge on !
By bringing together a great product experience, exceptional customer service, and uplifting content, we believe we can help other small businesses succeed and do good along the way.
Join us in designing great products and shaping the future of work!
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to help us iterate and improve upon the foundation we’ve built as well as help imagine what’s next.
You’ll refine and improve existing workflows and features with our scheduling, analytics, and engagement tools. Beyond our core offerings, you’ll explore and bring to life entirely new interfaces and experiences – both inside and outside of social media – to better help small businesses get off the ground and grow.
We are a small design team of 4 designers, working fully remote and spread across Europe, North Africa, and the US. Each designer works closely with a dedicated Product Manager and engineering team on a specific area of our product.
To be successful in this role you’ll need strong analytical and collaboration skills, the ability to work highly self-directed in a remote and distributed environment, and a strong understanding of UX best practices to ensure we are building the right solution to the right problems.
What you’ll do
- Work across the full product design life cycle from discovery to delivery
- Collaborate closely with your product manager in discovering, defining and developing both big and small product features
- Collaborate with engineers, data analysts and other designers, as well as product marketing and customer advocacy in iteratively delivering product improvements to our customers
- Cover both interaction/UX and visual/UI design, as well as related activities like research and customer interviews
- Be the voice of our customers and advocate for their needs and abilities.
- Actively contribute to ongoing improvements of the design teams processes, culture, and tools, including our design system.
Desired skills and experience
- General: At least 4 years of experience as a product designer, covering the full end-to-end product design life cycle from early problem exploration and definition, over detailed UX and visual design, to collaboration with developers during implementation.
- Process: Strong understanding of UX and UI design, processes, patterns, and best practices
- Problem solving: Effective approaches to solving complex problems, incorporating data and feedback from multiple sources. Ability to generate multiple solutions with a clear understanding of their impacts.
- Interaction design: Ability to design intuitive, effective and consistent flows and screen
- Visual design: Ability to design visually engaging and delightful interfaces
- Technical: Solid understanding of possibilities and constrains of web platforms and relevant design patterns
- Collaboration: Ability to work within a larger team and across disciplines, and across multiple locations and time zones
- Communication: Ability to effectively express yourself concise and clearly in talking, writing and visually, to a variety of audiences and stakeholders
- Business: Ability to understand larger business goals and strategy, and to develop matching design solutions
- Work standards: High standards for your work, attention to details, and an ongoing desire to learn and improve
- Other: A strong portfolio showcasing your previous work including starting points, process, end results, and impacts.
- Fun fact: We use Figma and FigJam at Buffer.
What we value
Transparency, gratitude, and improving consistently are just a few of the values that contribute to Buffer’s culture of optimism, empathy, and results.
We are looking for a person who understands this culture and will thrive within a team of people passionate about self-improvement, honesty and openness. on how we strive to communicate with customers.
Perks and benefit
We hope that you’re excited by the possibilities that come with working at Buffer! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these benefits and fun perks:
Competitive salary: Our salary formula adjusts to your cost of living and experience. For this role, the range is: $135K–159K USD.
Work remotely: Live and work from wherever you’d like.
Health insurance: We offer health insurance for team members in the US, UK , and Canada. We also offer health care reimbursement for all other international team members.
Home office setup: We’ll get you setup with a new laptop + $500 to create the home office of your dreams.
Growth mindset fund: Up to $1,000 per year for learning and development.
Minimum vacation: At least 3 weeks per year!
4-Day work weeks: We offer 4 Day work weeks with flexible Fridays.
401(k): For employees in the US, we offer a 3% company match.
Profit sharing: When the company does well, all team members share the profits.
Family leave: Up to 16 weeks of family leave for all parents.
Retreats: In the past (read: before Covid), we did get together as a whole company once a year. These full retreats are currently on hold, but we’re slowly starting things up again via smaller team get-togethers.
Working smarter stipend: We’ll reimburse you for a co-working space or cover the cost of coffee if you prefer to work at the local cafe.
Free books + Kindle: Get a free Kindle and all the free books – digital, physical, or audio – you’d like.
Sabbaticals: Take a 6-week break, fully paid, after every 5 years with Buffer.
Where you’ll work
Buffer is a fully distributed remote team, which means that we’re spread across the planet. We have Bufferoos in 22 countries, 12 time zones, and 58 cities around the world that help us build a great culture and product. You’ll can work wherever in the world you’re happiest and most productive, in the place that helps you to become the person you wish to be.
Tagged as: 3-5 Years, 4 day week, 5+ Years