Qualio is on a mission to empower life science teams to launch and scale life-saving products. We’re doing that by building a connected and integrated quality management platform for the entire life science ecosystem. Qualio is trusted by 100s of highly regulated international customers, ranging from the bleeding edge of computational biology and machine learning to household names in mRNA vaccine development. We’re growing rapidly, and in 2021 we saw 132% year-on-year revenue growth.
The Qualio team is an all-remote, globally distributed workforce with teammates in over ten countries.
What’s the opportunity?
Qualio is looking for a bright, enthusiastic problem solver with a high EQ to help support our quickly growing, remote-first team. This role is responsible for supporting the business units of Product and Engineering, Operations, Finance and Internal Quality, and executing day-to-day operational tasks as well as longer term initiatives to provide an exceptional employee experience.
You will be a champion of Qualio and its core values, and will work to anticipate needs, diagnose problems, and drive appropriate solutions. The ideal candidate has strong experience supporting global Product and Engineering teams. Additionally, you will work closely with all partner teams including Finance, Compensation, Talent, People Operations, Learning & Development and external partners. You serve as a consultant to business leaders on human resource-related issues.
This important role will serve as a trusted advisor by building strong relationships to effectively influence human capital decisions and in turn, business results.
What will I be doing?
- Be a great ambassador of the People Team
- Be a highly-integrated, strategic partner to the Head of departments, and to the Product and Engineering, Operations, Finance and Internal Quality teams, including providing guidance on organizational design, feedback and coaching, advocating for teams/individuals, performance management, and more
- Manage and facilitate organizational design and development, leadership coaching, and team building that support change and growth
- Work closely with leadership and managers on people initiatives and situations (e.g. coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, retention strategies, succession planning)
- Partner with the People team, Talent team, and department’s Heads on compensation planning, including approving offers, managing talent assessment cycles, and scaling our compensation model
- Have deep understanding of the challenges of the Product and Engineering teams
- Assess organizational health and effectiveness on a regular basis and identify opportunities to drive improvements and efficiencies
- Work closely with the People Team, Finance, and other partners across the organization to solve problems and support Qualio’s growth
- Support our company culture in all interactions, advice, coaching, and partnership by instilling our values and promoting a culture of feedback and communication
- Advocate for teams or individuals and represent their needs to leadership while understanding that you are a partner to the business and the org leaders
- Mediate between team members when appropriate and escalate to senior leadership and the broader talent team if necessary
- Set and deliver on quarterly goals based on your knowledge and needs of the organization, putting your imprint on continuing to make Qualio an exceptional place to work
What skills do I need?
- 5- 7 years of progressive HR experience in a high speed, high growth environment as HRBP is a plus
- Deep knowledge of HR practices and employment laws and experience in org design, succession planning, employee relations, employee engagement, retention strategies, and coaching
- Ability to work on individual problems, but also able to have a cohesive view across the company at a more strategic level
- Strong communication and relationship building skills to effectively support the team and build trust
- Thoughtful, data-driven, caring, and direct approach to people and problems
- Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn, grow, and help others
- Can work autonomously, but wants to partner with others and be open to feedback
- Analytically driven, using qualitative and quantitative approaches to solve problems
- Looking for someone who truly enjoys bringing creative thinking in using people programs and initiatives to solve for the needs of the business
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly adaptable to reacting to unanticipated, unplanned, and unexpected events to support the business
- Strong communication and presentation skills plus the ability to work in partnership with all the people team members on special projects or initiatives
- GPHR Certification, CIPD or other EMEA HR certification ; SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) is a plus but not required
In addition to playing an important role in building Qualio, you’ll receive:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible holidays
- Unlimited Time Off
- Professional development stipend
- Working space allowance / home office budget
- Opportunity to make a difference through helping life-saving products to get to market
A note to candidates:
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company and we are most interested in finding the BEST candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background, and that’s okay. We would strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of the qualifications described.