At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account – click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
The BCDC business unit is a cross-functional team of high performers, serial entrepreneurs, and crypto thought leaders that are focused on driving inclusion and access to the next generation of financial services and playing a meaningful role in the development and adoption of the digital asset ecosystem globally. The Senior Legal Counsel – BCDC will play a key role in helping BCDC in its mission.
Provide legal guidance and support in connection with the design, development and launch of BCDC products, features, and services. This will include proactively:
- Advising on the legal implications of potential BCDC commercial transactions, new products and experiences, customer terms and conditions, vendor engagements, and marketing materials;
- Developing BCDC-related policies, training, and toolkits;
- Staying apprised of legal and regulatory developments with the potential to impact BCDC and keeping BCDC team members informed of same;
- Coordinating with international legal colleagues in support of BCDC initiatives – especially the United States;
- Assisting the Government Relations team in evaluating and responding to notices of proposed rulemaking and requests for comment issued by regulatory agencies; and
- Representing PayPal’s interests and interfacing with regulatory agencies, enforcement authorities, and external counsel, as appropriate.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Fully qualified lawyer with excellent academic credentials (qualified in the UK or another EU country). Six or more years of post-admission experience practicing as an attorney at a regulatory agency, in-house, or at a reputable law firm, with at least two of those years focused on financial technology, payment systems, digital assets, financial regulation, including securities law, commodities law, banking law, or illicit finance.
- Understanding of the technological variants of digital asset ecosystems and frameworks strongly preferred.
- Team oriented, with a strong sense of humor, unquestioned ethics and integrity, sound judgment, and strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Familiarity with, and strong interest in, PayPal, mobile and alternative payments, emerging payments technology, and the payments industry.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple assignments simultaneously, tolerate change and ambiguity, and take ownership of projects and tasks
- Flexibility to work with colleagues in Europe, the United States and Asia and to accommodate calls aligned to their time zones.
- Excellent English language skills. Other European languages are a plus.
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors, which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.