Grow with HiveMQ as we lead IoT messaging and connectivity
We are a fast-growing tech start-up looking to add to our team of innovative and motivated people. HiveMQ is a messaging platform for reliable, secure and scalable data movement to and from connected IoT devices. Our vision is a connected world where people and companies can unleash their full potential. Our flagship product, the HiveMQ MQTT broker, is used by over 130 customers to develop new connected products, improve efficiencies, and drive down costs.
HiveMQ originated in Landshut, Germany, and has grown into a global, remote-first company. The last time we counted, we spoke 32 languages within HiveMQ. Join us as we work to contribute to the fast moving development of the IoT ecosystem and help companies enable mission critical use cases like connected cars, logistics, Industry 4.0 and connected IoT products.
The HiveMQ Cloud team usually operates within European work hours.
- Work with the HiveMQ Product Development team around the broker to deliver outstanding technology and services to our customers
- Architect, implement, optimize and maintain our HiveMQ Broker frontend applications from the ground up, including the underlying frameworks
- Build reusable UI components and set a company standard
- Build, maintain and refactor existing code bases, extend APIs, improve client data structures and backend network requests, speed up rendering and processing and keep the application self-contained
- Develop new features, consider UI/UX and improve the customer journey and user flow
- Work with Product Managers to envision and create new customer value
- Live a culture of teamwork, quality, growth, drive to action and excellence
- Contribute to the overall developer experience, code quality and engineering vision of HiveMQ
- Learn everything about MQTT, distributed systems, IoT (theory, applications, best practices)
- A strong software engineering background (5+ years) and profound experience in architecting, developing and delivering modern web front-ends and applications
- Profound experience with the web framework React, reactive state management systems and an understanding of core web technologies
- Solid understanding of build tools (webpack, turbopack, etc.), Unit- and Integration-Testing (e.g. Cypress, Selenium, Jest), SCM (GitHub) paired with high standards on solving problems with excellent code, peer reviews, Git, CI/CD and a high degree of automation
- Familiarity with web security best practices (e.g. OWASP, OAuth2, Cross-Domain Origin Policy, Certificates, 2-way TLS)
- Good Knowledge about UI/UX concepts, color models and web design are a plus
- Experience with A/B-Testing and working with feature-toggles is a big plus
- A systematic but pragmatic approach paired with a high sense of ownership and taking pride in the work you accomplish as a team
- A good understanding how agile product engineering using Kanban in a self-organized team works
- Excellent communication skills and an outstanding work ethic