Alo! Airalo is the world’s first eSIM store that helps people to connect in over 200+ countries and regions across the globe. We are building the next digital service that revolutionizes the telecom industry.
We are a traveltech company and an equal-opportunity environment that values and executes diversity, inclusion, and equity. Our team spreads across 40+ countries and six continents. What glues us together is our commitment to changing the way you connect.
We hope that you care deeply about the quality of your work, the intrinsic worth of tasks, and the success of your team. You are self-disciplined and do not require micromanagement, both in terms of your skillset and work ethic. You do your best to flourish as an individual every day while working hard to foster a collaborative team environment. You believe in the importance of being — and staying — authentic, honest, positive, and kind. You are a good interlocutor with clear and concise communication. You are able to manage multiple projects, have an analytical mind, pay keen attention to detail, and love to get your hands dirty. You are cognizant, tolerant, and welcoming of vulnerabilities and cultural differences.
About the Role
Position: Full-time / Employee
Benefits: Employee Stock Option, Work-from-home stipend, Annual wellness credit & other benefits
We are currently looking for a full-time Senior Frontend Developer to join our Airalo Engineering department. Being one of the members of a lean and cross-functional team, you will have an opportunity to impact the overall growth of the organization. As an equal member of our team, you will also have employee stock options among other perks as part of your role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designing and developing enterprise-quality software components based on product specifications
- Developing new features or enhancements to existing features
- Collaborating daily with other developers across the full software development lifecycle
- Working on a single-page application and improving its SEO and performance
- Evaluating user interaction issues and delivering the optimized product
- Implementing unit tests
- Translating user and business needs into frontend code
- Troubleshooting issues and problem-solving as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or a similar discipline
- Proficiency in building Single-page applications
- Minimum 2 years of experience with VueJS
- Minimum 2 enterprise project development
- Proficiency with HTML5 and CSS3
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Proficiency with code versioning tools such as Git
- Proficiency with responsive design and cross-browser compatibility
- Proficiency with RESTful web services
- Knowledge of distributed caching
- Knowledge of cloud computing and cloud application architectures
- Proficiency in OOP concept, SOLID and design pattern
- Experience with Swagger, Docker
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills and fluency in English.
Good to have:
- Knowledge of UI/UX best practices
- Experience in A/B testing
- Prior experience with SCRUM and other agile methods
- Prior work experience in telecommunications
- Knowledge of eSIM and GSMA related technologies and services