At Vercel, our mission is to enable developers to create at the moment of inspiration. We are the platform for frontend developers, creating tools millions of developers use every day. By unlocking developer potential through the use of open-source tools such as Next.js, React, Svelte, and Turborepo, we enable developers to go from idea to global application in seconds.
As a globally distributed company, we take pride in our ability to work across time zones and continents, fostering collaboration and innovation. Our offices in San Francisco and New York City serve as hubs for our teams to come together and develop the tools that empower our users. By joining Vercel, you’ll be part of a team that is deeply committed to open-source technologies and dedicated to shaping the future of web development.
About the Role:
To further our commitment to providing an exceptional experience to our Enterprise customers, Vercel is looking to add another Senior Customer Success Manager (CSM) to our fast-growing Customer Success team. Reporting to the Senior Customer Success Manager, you will own a portfolio of customer accounts and drive greater value for them by bringing Vercel’s best ideas, innovations, and capabilities to those customers.
The CSM role is pivotal in managing everything post-sales in the Enterprise customer lifecycle, this includes detailed customer onboarding, the setting and measuring of success criteria, issue resolution and escalation, identifying and generating expansion opportunities, and the management of the customer renewal.
The role requires a technical background, with a strong emphasis on frontend development, cloud infrastructure and networking, and modern application deployment methods. The ability to coordinate well and work with many customers across multiple time zones is crucial, as is building long-standing relationships with product champions for your assigned accounts, working closely with them at all times to continually improve their teams’ Vercel experience.
What You Will Do:
- Manage and grow Enterprise accounts.
- Deliver a world-class customer experience for all accounts.
- Continually expand the usage of Vercel within company accounts.
- Identify and raise upsell & cross-sell opportunities with the Sales team.
- Proactively manage customer accounts through lifecycle stages.
- Work with the Engineering team to resolve customer issues.
- Receive, prioritize, and deliver upon customer feature requests.
- 3+ Years of customer/account management.
- Experience of web development; agency, developer or boot-camp.
- An understanding of working within a serverless environment.
- Respond well to dynamic environments.
- Experience managing relationships from junior to C-suite level.
- Knowledge of CI/CD and deployment pipelines.
- Comfortable managing accounts with technical requirements.
- A proven record of generating expansion through activation.
Bonus if You:
- Have devised and put in motion growth and activation strategies especially for low/tech touch customer base.
- Relish exceeding any and all targets set for you.
- Speak French, German or Italian to business fluency.
- Are experienced in frontend development using React and Next.js.
- Have worked with a CDN.
- Able to understand and communicate about DNS.
- Have experience working with Enterprise applications at global scale.
- Have previously worked at a high growth SaaS company.
- Great compensation package and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.