Cash is old school. Out of pocket expenses suck. Workplaces need to be more trusting, progressive and – that’s right, we’re gonna say it – fun.
And that’s what we’re here to do. But we need your help.
Trust and progression don’t come from a place of weakness or fear; but a place of security. Pleo’s ‘Customer Due Diligence’ team is here to help the company, our customers and society as a whole feel more secure by preventing, detecting and reporting financial crime. One of our key functions where we need some more help is to carefully assess new and old customers to combat the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing or other crimes and ensure we can trust our customers (and that they can trust us).
Right now, we’re looking for open-minded, friendly and hard-working colleagues to join and support the growth of Pleo and our values.
Things you’ll be doing:
- Performing standard customer due diligence (CDD);
- Performing ongoing due diligence on Pleo’s existing client base;
- Taking ownership of the of the end to end ongoing due diligence process;
- Collaborating with a team of CDD and ODD analysts.
What is needed to succeed:
- 2 years experience in KYC/Onboarding operations;
- Analytical skills and ability to do work with a high degree of diligence;
- Ability to quickly adapt to a fast changing environment and framework;
- Interest in technology and how it can make your life and work easier;
- Proficiency in verbal and written English. Second language will be considered an advantage.
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending!)
- Lunch is on us – whether you are working remote or at one of our offices 🍜
- Private Health Insurance to ensure you’re fit of body and mind to do your best work
- 25 days holiday per year + your local public holidays
- Paid parental leave – we want to make sure that we’re supportive of families and help you feel that you don’t have to compromise your family due to work 👶🏻
- €2500 annual Flex Benefits budget (maybe you want to buy additional holidays, pay for the gym, book a professional coach or pay for part of your MBA – entirely up to you!). We know everybody prioritises different benefits. So, our Flex Benefits package lets you choose what best suits you. Ask us about what we offer; we’ll be happy to outline more!
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you’re working on something very exciting: the future of work. Our mission is to help every company go beyond the books. Pleo itself means ‘more than you’d expect’, and it’s been the secret to our success over the last 8 years. So it’s only fitting that we’d pass this philosophy onto our customers to help them make the most of their finances.
We think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Finance teams shouldn’t be siloed from the rest of the organisation – they should work in unity with marketing, sales, IT and everyone else.
Speaking of working in unity, our values tell the story of how we work at Pleo. We have four core values, the first of which is ‘champion the customer’, which means we address real pain points that businesses face. Next up is ‘succeed as a team’, which highlights how our strength lies in our diversity and trust in each other. We also ‘make it happen’ by taking bold decisions and following through to deliver results. Last but not least, we ‘build to scale’, creating lasting solutions that address today’s challenges and anticipate tomorrow’s needs.
So, in a nutshell, that’s Pleo. Today we are a 850+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal and Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ’d out of Copenhagen means we’re inspired by things like a good work-life balance. If you don’t work in the office with us, we’ll help you set up the best remote setup possible and make sure you still have time to connect with your team.
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system – any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn’t able to pass on any calls/ emails our way – and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us – and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply – regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.