Join us as a Cloud Architect and help us build the next generation of cloud and composition platforms to revolutionize the world of transactional business models.
We are open-minded, pragmatic, and agile above all. If you think you have the same attitude, join our Spryker Technology Team and help us to revolutionize the world of commerce.
Your Challenges & Opportunities
- Design a Platform-as-a-Service for hundreds of projects and thousands of developers that will implement innovative distributed (composable, micro-service, modular) applications making them available for large enterprises like ALDI, Hornbach, and Siemens
- Ensure an evolutional path for Spryker application frameworks to the new Spryker Cloud platform in collaboration with Application Architects
- Conduct analysis, design, and implementation of service components as building blocks for a composition serving the user’s purpose
- Review, challenge and actualize technical stack and technology dependencies to provide state-of-art developer experience
- Define optimal design patterns and solutions for high availability and disaster recovery applications
- Transforming the strategy as defined by leadership into a technology roadmap, managing technical risks, and driving execution within engineering teams
- Working within the team of architects, collaborating on architectural decisions, concepts and driving the cloud-native transformation
- Immersing into existing solutions and improving them constantly by architecting performant, maintainable systems with the great developer experience
- Documenting architecture design and architectural decisions (eg C4, UML, ADR, Arc42), driven by quality attributes
- Collaborating with stakeholders to capture requirements and foresee business opportunities
- Support and consult with engineering teams implementing architecture design
- Being an evangelist of a cloud-native mindset and DevOps culture in engineering teams
Our Expectations & Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience designing, executing and supporting cloud solutions
- Architect mindset, seeking ownership, value-driven, solution-oriented
- Strong knowledge of cloud architecture patterns, techniques, technologies, and security
- Extensive working experience with infrastructure services, including computing, networking, routing, and security
- Extensive experience with AWS (including AWS certification or an intention to get one)
- Experience with Kubernetes, with a deep understanding of its native patterns
- Proven track of record of cloud-native technical and organization transformation
- Working experience with multi-tenant system based on shared cloud infrastructure services
- Working experience in designing auto-scalable cloud solutions, a strong knowledge of scaling strategy and tactics
- Knowledge of cloud operations and cloud cost models with experience implementing best practices
- Working experience with IaC tools like Terraform, Terragrunt
- Familiar with Application architecture and software development patterns: e.g. SOLID principles, Clean Code, Separation of Concerns, SAGA, DDD
- Capability to proactively work with stakeholders (including customer engineering teams), challenge functional requirements and define non-functional requirements
- Proven experience in delivering solutions using agile methods, event storming, architecture design studio or other
- A proven track record in leading architectural decisions & driving innovation
- Outstanding analytical and communication skills
- Fluent in English language proficiency is a plus
- You are intellectually curious, like challenging the status quo, and learning is a natural process and inspiration for you
- You actually enjoy working in a fast paced and ambiguous environment, while embracing change positively
- You strive for innovation and are curious and passionate for anything AI and automation related
About Spryker Tech
⚙️We Are Open Code: https://github.com/spryker
🏔️We strive for excellence: https://docs.spryker.com/
✨We build community: https://spryker.com/community/
❇️Check our StackShare
For this role, we welcome remote candidates based in European Union and/or EMEA region.
Since 2014, Spryker has been enabling sophisticated digital innovation and helping enterprises differentiate with its composable commerce platform. Its leading headless, API-first, enterprise-ready architecture is loved by organizations and their developers worldwide. As a global leader for next-generation digital commerce, Spryker enables companies to become digital pioneers in Enterprise Marketplaces, B2B Commerce, Thing Commerce, and D2C Commerce. Spryker has empowered 150+ companies in over 200 countries to future-proof their businesses. It is trusted by brands such as Siemens, Daimler, BOSCH, ZF, Toyota, Hilti, and ALDI. .
Spryker is taking new markets by storm, expanding across continents to offer clients the most flexible commerce platform on the market. This requires a special mindset, relentless human effort, and lots of collaboration within the team, which is proudly called the Spryker Herd. Learn more at www.spryker.com.
REASONS TO JOIN SPRYKER
🤹 Flexibility: be your most productive, creative, and amazing self – work from anywhere, benefit from unlimited vacation days, and fully flexible working hours. To better settle in – use our office equipment allowance.
🧗 Growth: develop your skills further by spending a generous budget assigned to every Sprykee via self-learning tools, training, and workshops, as well as free language classes and knowledge sharing sessions. We provide each Sprykee with holistic and regular 360° feedback as well as personal and professional growth.
🪢 Diverse Herd: don’t aim to fit in – stand out and step up! We are passionate about many things and one of them is our authentic selves – embracing, working and collaborating across all of our differences. We are an equal opportunity workplace, partnering with different organizations, nurture Sprykee Affinity Groups and have our own Diversity Council.
✨ Spryker spirit: identify, connect, and exchange with our herd, living the Spryker spirit. Low ego culture and collaboration, live, hybrid and virtual team events, legendary parties in surprising locations where we gather our entire global herd.
🚀 Innovation: constant innovation lies not only at the heart of our product but is key to our DNA in all areas of business. Choose between the newest hardware versions, work with the latest tools and technologies and help us to become a global leader for next-gen enterprise commerce.
We are innovators, challengers, and proactive solution-seekers. We are empathic lateral thinkers and team players first. But above all, we are all different, and that is what makes our Spryker herd unique!
At Spryker, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Spryker herd welcomes all.
Spryker solely collaborates with selected agencies where terms and conditions are in place and does not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency sent resumes.
Check out our Career page, Instagram and LinkedIn for more.