This is a remote opportunity and we would be interested in applicants from EMEA time zones only at this time.
Plugins are core to Grafana’s Big Tent Philosophy – the more sources of data and functionality that we support, the more we can achieve our goal of democratizing metrics. As such, plugins are a valuable and necessary part of our community. We are hoping our plugin catalog will continue to grow through our community, our own internal development, and our plugin partnerships.
The AWS Data Sources squad is part of the OSS Data Source Partnerships group. Our focus is specifically on open source data source plugins with external partnerships.
A selection of data source plugins we own:
A selection of projects we’re currently working on & planning for:
- More data source plugins in collaboration with AWS
- Enhancements to existing plugins to vastly improve configuration and user experience
- Technical and feature consistency across our plugins to match our plugin maturity framework
- Continuous improvements to support the Plugin Platform developer experience
A typical “day in the life” could include:
- Building full stack open source Grafana data source plugins to enable visualizing data in Grafana while keeping your data where it is
- Collaboration with AWS, Grafana and the open source community to determine feature scope and prioritization
- Adding new functionality to our plugin SDKs
- Providing technical support in customer escalations
- Working closely with the rest of the engineering organization, and specifically other data source squads
- Regularly sharing ideas and knowledge across a vast array of technical ideologies and mindsets
What we are looking for:
- You are comfortable working in a remote-first company; Communication is key for our squad of engineers that span across both EMEA and NASA timezones. For us, working together means being collaborative, friendly, kind, and respectful. We operate by consensus, you can contribute to a discussion but then commit to the team decision.
- You enjoy working on complex solutions – Grafana is a highly technological solution and has avid followers who rely on it every day and care deeply about their workflows.
- You enjoy being part of the community. Community is part of our core, and interacting with the open source community is a day-to-day thing for us. At the same time, you know how to recognize ideas and solutions that bring the biggest value to them and have the biggest impact on their experience.
- You approach development holistically. The team owns the full life cycle of our code; from writing design docs, to looking at community feedback, and QA testing. We appreciate engineers who enjoy looking at the big picture, and also notice the details of the brush strokes.
- You are a backend-focused full-stack engineer or a seasoned backend engineer.
- You have solid experience in golang
- Experience using Grafana
- Experience building observability products and/or developer tools
- Experience with AWS technologies
- Dev Ops experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.