Note: Although this is a remote position, we are currently only seeking candidates in timezones between UTC 0 and UTC+2, essentially between Lisbon and Istanbul.
About the job
As Senior Back-End Developer at Quaderno, you’ll be responsible for the server side code and APIs of our web applications. You’ll be involved in the entire product development lifecycle including the design, development, deployment and maintenance of new and existing features. Your work will impact the stability and quality of our web applications. You’ll write reusable and maintainable code. You’ll work closely with our development team to ensure system consistency and to create a great user experience. Ultimately, you’ll be the driving force behind all back-end activities.
Quaderno is a global, fully remote company and we believe that our way of working, independent of borders and time zones, is the future.
We want to build a work environment where people are happy, productive, and interact well.
We’re quite transparent internally. This helps everyone to be part of this journey and take better decisions.
We believe in diversity and we are committed to create a home for everyone, no matter your gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, education, age, or other personal characteristics.
We like to work hard, but we also believe in balance. That’s why we only work 5 really focused hours per day, ensuring everyone has plenty of time to exercise and enjoy life. No toxic meetings, no endless phone calls, no bullshit. Just focused work. The rest of the day is dedicated to family, friends, pets, and hobbies (you know, the important stuff).
Being part of Quaderno means that you’ll become part of a culture that’s based on excelling in our craft while also maintaining a healthy work-life balance. You’ll join a multicultural development team that’s passionate about dealing with large datasets, complex tax rules, and helping thousand of businesses around the world.
Indicators that this could be a good role for you
- You feel that our values resonate with yours, and you see how they can act as guidance for your day-to-day work.
- You have 3+ years of frontend development experience.
- You have experience in building complex interactive web applications.
- You have solid knowledge of Ruby on Rails.
- You have experience in writing automated unit, integration or end-to-end tests.
- You have experience in measuring, analyzing and fixing performance problems.
- You’re able to use and customize tools to streamline our development and build processes.
- You’re able to work autonomously and stay self-motivated. Previous experience working in remote team is a bonus.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
We’re bootstrapped, profitable, and committed to building a sustainable company that will continue to grow for decades to come. That means we value work-life balance and invest in our employees’ long-term growth.
- Design your own schedule. Work no more than 25 hours/week.
- Competitive pay based on your skills and location.
- Paid vacation + national holidays.
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- Great learning experience.
- A passionate and caring team.
- And much more.
How to apply
We’re accepting applications until Sunday, 9 August 00:00:00 UTC. There’s no benefit to filing early. Keep it sharp, short, and get across what matters to you.
We expect to take one week to review all applications. You’ll hear from us by Friday, August 14, about advancement to a take-home technical exercise. This test is offered to fewer than 20 candidates. You should expect to spend half a day (but no more) completing this test. Please consider whether you’d be willing to set aside time for that before applying.
After the written test, the top candidates will proceed to an interview. Our interviews are one hour, all remote, with your future colleagues, on your schedule. We’ll talk through some of your code and some of ours, your approach to work, and dive into your technical knowledge.
We aim to make an offer by the end of August with a start date in September.
We know this is a lot of work and there’s a lot on the line. It’s a significant career move to consider. We appreciate the generosity and courage that go into giving us that consideration. We look forward to hearing from you.
Still looking? Browse the latest remote jobs here >>> euremotejobs.com/jobs/