This is a full-time position based in Germany or Poland. Our headquarters are in Berlin and we support a hybrid home office/in person approach to work
ResearchGate is the professional network for scientists and researchers.
From rising sea levels to rising inequality, mass migration to mass extinction, the problems facing our world are immense. Still, we’re optimistic about the power of millions of scientists working in unity to overcome any challenge. We provide scientists with the help and support they need by connecting them to the world’s most active scientific community.
We’ve built a platform that gives the world’s scientists the tools and services they need to connect, collaborate, and advance their research. Over 25 million members from 193 countries use ResearchGate to share, discover, and discuss research.
Objective of the Role
As an analytics engineer at RG, you enable and empower stakeholders and customers to work with data effectively by developing end-to-end solutions including data models, data pipelines, visualizations, and analyses.
You will work in the centralized analytics team that owns customer-facing data products, the data warehouse (data models), data pipelines and supports product and business with building dashboards and data analyses.
- Enable stakeholders to work effectively and independently with data by designing, implementing and testing high quality data models adhering to engineering best practices
- Take ownership for customer-facing data products
- Support data-informed decision making by defining, implementing, monitoring and analyzing metrics in dashboards and running exploratory analyses
- Optimize data models for performance
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics role
- Very strong proficiency in SQL (BigQuery experience is a plus)
- Experience with data modeling
- Experience in building dashboards and reports in data visualization tools (Tableau experience is a plus)
- Strong analytical thinking
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills
- Ability to translate product/business requirements into actionable metrics and analyses
- You enjoy working in a dynamic environment and turning around insights fast
- You love to work with data as much as you enjoy communicating your findings to an interested audience and teaching others to leverage data effectively
- You are passionate about finding ways to optimize processes based on data and insights
- You are comfortable working at the interface between product, analytics and engineering
- You are a strong team player and know that results come from great people working together around meaningful ideas
- You understand our mission and want to help us achieve it
Life at ResearchGate
You’ll be working in an open and empowered company culture, with the chance to individually shape your professional development and growth. Enjoy being a part of an energetic team that’s passionate about changing science for the better. We’re a team of optimists from around the world and from many different backgrounds guided by our mission to connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Enjoy a flexible working environment that adapts to your life circumstances, a generous 30 full days of vacation for you to unwind and days focused for your professional development to further grow your career along with free access to a platform to support your mental wellbeing.
We support a remote work approach by enabling our team to work across borders (up to 120 days a year) by partnering with WorkFlex. Most of us work from the comfort of our homes, but our office located in the heart of Berlin is still open for you as an opportunity to change scenery and meet others. We occasionally come together for team summits, workshops, and in-person meetings, but fully embrace a remote-first approach to work.
ResearchGate is an equal opportunity employer
We encourage people from all backgrounds and life experiences to apply with us and help us change the world of science. We commit to impartial and inclusive hiring processes, and therefore ask you to please refrain from adding a picture and your age to your application form or CV.
Our hiring decisions are made based on your skills and qualifications, regardless of your age, gender, origin or race/ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, disability status, religion, or any other (perceived) personal characteristics. We are excited to receive your application.
ResearchGate Intro and Mission
ResearchGate is the largest professional network for scientists and researchers. We’ve built a platform that helps the world’s scientists and researchers to connect, collaborate, and advance their research to drive progress towards a better world.
Over 25 million members from 193+ countries use ResearchGate to share, discover, and discuss research.