At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace — one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying and taking process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Hopper has launched several bespoke fintech products that leverage our immense first and third-party data to create products and value that do not exist elsewhere – including Refundable and Flexible Tickets and Price Freeze. Thanks to these offerings, Hopper’s revenue growth is up 112% despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19.
With over $250M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration to becoming the world’s fastest-growing end-to-end customer-centric travel offering.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 50 million times and sees over 1 million new installs per month. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019.
Come take off with us!
Hopper is an insight driven organization, and nobody at the company is passionate about numbers like our Finance team. As an FP&A Sr Analyst/Analyst, your day-to-day job, whether it’s building financial models or performing an in-depth analysis on a trend you discovered searching in our data warehouse, will be towards helping our business leaders make sound financial decisions. You will understand our customers and business drivers deeply, enabling you to contribute to shaping our revenue growth and strategy. In Finance, we are both the forest and the leaves, meaning that you need to be obsessed with details and capture the nuances behind the numbers while always understanding the bigger picture. You are also a business driven person, not afraid of wearing the analytics and strategy hats at the same time. You are also competent in SQL (or eager to learn) and like playing with huge data sets, destiling insights and ways of thinking about the future.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Perform analysis of financial and operational drivers to craft our long term strategic plan
- Help business leaders make better decisions by enabling them through data and deep understanding of financial trade-offs
- Create, update and maintain financial models, budgets and forecasts
- Prepare internal reports for business leaders supporting their decision making
- Work on Finance related optimization initiatives
- Collaborate with multiple areas of the business to accurately reflect recent trends in all modeling and financial reporting
- Not be afraid to learn or improve your SQL / Big Query to be able to access, manage and gain insights directly from data
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- A degree in Business, Strategy, Finance, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative discipline
- 2+ years of experience
- Experience in a top tier consulting firm, investment bank, private equity or venture capital firm
- Technology industry experience is an asset
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, with strong modelling experience
- Expertise or desire to learn SQL and in general, using programing as a tool to scale and solve problems
- Microsoft Office/Google Suite proficiency, and ideally Tableau
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
Check out the latest remote finance jobs